Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does one have to use the new supply rules for PBEM games?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Does one have to use the new supply rules for PBEM games? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does one have to use the new supply rules for PBEM games? - 4/22/2011 7:17:31 AM   
ColinWright

Both of my most important scenarios used 'sea roads.'

These worked under ACOW, and they worked with the Matrix version...until the latest patch.

They STILL work if one doesn't use the new supply rules. Thing is, it appears that for PBEM games, one has to use the new supply rules...

Is there any way of editing a scenario so that the old supply rules can be used for PBEM play?

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 4/22/2011 7:55:40 AM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo
Post #: 1
RE: Why does one have to use the new supply rules for P... - 4/22/2011 7:55:27 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Kamerad, it works fine.I used the old supply rules to test my scenario as well as a PBEM match (Race to Tunis)with the old rules. When you change the settings in 'Advanced Options', doesn't do the trick, uh?

*see screenshot*

kLiNk, Oberst

Attachment (1)

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 2
RE: Why does one have to use the new supply rules for P... - 4/22/2011 7:56:32 AM   
ColinWright

I tried starting a PBEM game -- and I couldn't change the setting.

Will try again...

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 4/22/2011 7:57:57 AM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Why does one have to use the new supply rules for P... - 4/22/2011 8:12:23 AM   
ColinWright

Nope. I'm locked out. Tried it with both my scenarios and 'Agonia y Victoria.'

So far (and I've been at this more than an hour) as far as I can see, the new patch FORCES one to use the new supply rules for PBEM play. You can bring up that options screen alright -- but if you're starting a PBEM game, it'll be set to 'new supply rules,' and you can't change it.

This ruins both of my scenarios. Are you still using the Beta patch or something? Are you sure the PBEM game let you use the old supply rules?

I am not Charlie Hebdo

Post #: 4
RE: Why does one have to use the new supply rules for P... - 4/22/2011 10:43:18 AM   
Oberst_Klink

Colin, send me your .SCE, I'll start a test turn and send it back. I'll make sure and 'check' if the old supply model applies. Only way to check it out, aye?

kLiNk, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

Post #: 5
RE: Why does one have to use the new supply rules for P... - 4/22/2011 1:57:48 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

... if you're starting a PBEM game, it'll be set to 'new supply rules,' and you can't change it.

If you start a new game and select new supply 'off', then close and go back to the pbem, is the new supply now off or still on ? I say this because I think the game always defaults to the last selection.

Post #: 6
RE: Why does one have to use the new supply rules for P... - 4/22/2011 7:03:59 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

Colin, send me your .SCE, I'll start a test turn and send it back. I'll make sure and 'check' if the old supply model applies. Only way to check it out, aye?

kLiNk, Oberst

Try it with Agonia y Victoria ('AyV,' in the misc. WW2 folder). It happens with that.

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 4/22/2011 7:06:33 PM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 7
RE: Why does one have to use the new supply rules for P... - 4/22/2011 7:04:37 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

quote:

... if you're starting a PBEM game, it'll be set to 'new supply rules,' and you can't change it.

If you start a new game and select new supply 'off', then close and go back to the pbem, is the new supply now off or still on ? I say this because I think the game always defaults to the last selection.

I think I tried that, but I'll try it again.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 8
RE: Why does one have to use the new supply rules for P... - 4/22/2011 7:17:08 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

quote:

I think I tried that, but I'll try it again.

That solved the problem -- glad I didn't just insist 'I tried that.'

Thanks -- both to you and Oberst.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Does one have to use the new supply rules for PBEM games? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI