Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7 - 8/1/2011 4:37:30 AM   
larryfulkerson

I decided to outsource the KV-1 factories to somewhere else because that would leave me about 1/2 the rail cap. for moving troops around and I need to do that too this turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 511
RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7 - 8/1/2011 5:38:05 AM   
larryfulkerson

This is the Riga area just after my Soviet moves. He's advancing too fast........I can't rail guys up here fast enough to form a front line.
I am going to have to pull back soon, the pressure is too high to try to stay this far south......my line is streatched too far to be effective.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 512
RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7 - 8/1/2011 5:41:51 AM   
larryfulkerson

Kevin's attack in the V.L. area is stretching my lines appart. I can't enclose everything with the people I have at my disposal. This is a breakthrough area for Kevin.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 513
RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7 - 8/1/2011 5:47:32 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's an animation showing the very heavy pressure in the Smolensk / Gomel area

Attachment (1)

Post #: 514
RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7 - 8/1/2011 5:53:30 AM   
larryfulkerson

Kevin is using the Panzers to brute-force a crossing at Kiev. My guys are so weak in that area that it's just a matter of time before he's
across the river into Panzer country and I can just see the disaster that awaits me then. This is another breakthrough happening early in
the game. It's only July 1941 too.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 515
RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T5 - 8/1/2011 6:05:12 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton
Larry you should be using atleast 70% of your rail to move factorys. You will get the divisions back, but you will never replace lost production, never.

That sounds about right to me. I'd like to get some troops to the front lines but Industry sounds like it should have a priority too.

quote:

Leningrad is really not worth the trooops, simply rail out production and then slowly withdraw from the north.

I've already decided that I can't defend the city all that well this game and Leningrad is all but abandonded now.

quote:

Rail, Leningrad, Z-Town,D-town, Kharkov then Stalino. This should keep him under 80 arm pts.

Thanks for the tip. I'll do it.

quote:

Your #1 defence should be Moscow then south.

I agree. There's a boat-load of industry in Moscow and there's just no way to rail all of it out of Moscow in time.

quote:

Your 41 tactics are generally ok, but you need to improve on your summer 42 tactics.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm hoping to get some practice in this game but it's looking like Kevin is doing his level best to destroy all the Soviet forces this time.

quote:

Good Luck with the new game, might want to start a new AAR.

good idea.

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 516
RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7 - 8/1/2011 6:07:39 AM   
larryfulkerson

As per Pelton's idea about starting a new AAR because it's a new game now let's transfer all our threads to "1.04.36 KLilly vs Fulkerson T7" which you can find
here ( new AAR ) so click here to go there. Click Me.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 8/4/2011 2:31:12 AM >

Post #: 517
RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7 - 8/1/2011 6:18:47 AM   
M60A3TTS

You have issues, but nothing that can't be managed. Yes, you need to shift a portion of those troops northwest of Riga. No need for a frantic withdrawal, just pull back behing that Emajogi River and use the terrain, positioning units in the swamps, woods, etc. Run your line, basically east-west to the Valdai Hills, it doesn't have to be a big carpet. Move that green army of the Moscow MD to positions where you can slow his advance east. You cut his supply lines, so good work there. Send a reserve army if you have one to back up that Moscow MD army. And the terrain is very defendable. He might try to cut sharply north and cut off a huge # of troops so be thinking about that.

In the center, transfer troops there from Southern and Southwest Fronts if you have to, You're not under great pressure there and nothing of strategic value. I'd try and double up on the eastern bank of the Dnepr near Kiev, use the Z-key to help keep the combat values consistent and put another line or two behind that.

Have you loaded up those front line armies particulary in the center with RR construction brigades to build forts faster?

Post #: 518
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: 1.04.36 Fulkerson vs KLilly T7 Page: <<   < prev  14 15 16 17 [18]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI