Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Easier Random Games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Easier Random Games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Easier Random Games - 4/21/2011 6:26:24 PM   
kam99

I am enjoying ATG very much. But while I learn the engine, and best strategy and tactics to use, can anybody tell me how to set up for an easier random game?

I am playing with a Small World, 2 Player, 1 Town Start, Stone Age, Deserted Lands, No Oceans. I am playing against the normal AI.

After a short number of turns, before I can properly organise my forces, I am overwhelmed by the enemy, and have to surrender the game. I have tried a number of different approaches, but always end up getting hammered!

Is there any way I can slow the enemy down, or handicap the AI to give me an easier (and even more enjoyable) learning experience.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Post #: 1
RE: Easier Random Games - 4/21/2011 7:18:13 PM   
Webizen

Once you get the hang of how to better organized production, build out and maneuver your army I think you will find that you can beat a single default AI almost every time. Review the following posts and see if they give you any ideas about how to do that.

ATG Random Game Highlights

ATG: Key Concepts and Tips

ATG Quick Reference Guide

Tac2i

(in reply to kam99)
Post #: 2
RE: Easier Random Games - 4/21/2011 7:46:35 PM   
henri51

The simplest way is to take TWO human players and play both against the AI (say five AI opponents - not allied). If that is not enough, take 3, or reduce the number of enemies .

In another thread, I described how the AI cheats make the AI too strong in large scenarios. This should not be too hard to adjust in a future patch.

Henri

(in reply to kam99)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Easier Random Games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI