Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Paradropping: How

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> Paradropping: How Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paradropping: How - 4/20/2011 9:51:17 PM   
AlanBernardo

Hello,

Can someone please explain the rules on paradropping. Every time I try I only get the option to paradrop three or four hexes, about as far as any unit can travel on foot. I must need something else. I mean, to paradrop typically means into enemy territory.

There are a lot of rules and mechanics that are just not in the manual. Great game: a manual not worth the effort to even use the ink on.

Alan
Post #: 1
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/20/2011 11:28:09 PM   
Madlok

Pick a unit with transporter inside. Click "use this unit to do a paradrop" and the game will lead you further.
Typical range is 10 hexes if the transporters have full (100) Action Points.

(in reply to AlanBernardo)
Post #: 2
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/20/2011 11:33:52 PM   
henri51

Your problem is probably that your aircraft have already flown and don't have full movement points, assuming you are playing a scenario (such as random ATG) where the modder has not changed the values. In a random scenario I am playing I used a paradrop today and it was 10 hexes away.

henri

(in reply to Madlok)
Post #: 3
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/21/2011 12:43:31 AM   
SSFSX17

Transporter planes also need a lot of fuel - especially if you have a lot of them in one HQ. If their movement ranges are shown with fuel can symbols, then that might be the cause.

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 4
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/21/2011 3:36:29 AM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Madlok

Pick a unit with transporter inside. Click "use this unit to do a paradrop" and the game will lead you further.

Are you positive about the this "pick a unit with transporter inside"? I am able to do the paradrop, but I have to have my paradropers as a separate formation. It doesn't seem to work when the paradropers are actually within a formation containing a transporter.

Anyhow, I must be low on AP or fuel, 'cause the times I've tried I've only been able to paradrop three hexes.

Thanks,

Alan

(in reply to Madlok)
Post #: 5
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/22/2011 3:24:53 PM   
torontorock

Hola Alan. I am a new player myself. I just wanted to mention something quickly about the manual. I also found the ATGE manual rather vague but I then I just recently looked at the ATWW2 manual and that one was a bit more detailed. I don't know if you looked at that one but if not you may want to check it out. Hope all is well :) 

Post #: 6
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/22/2011 3:36:03 PM   
henri51

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlanBernardo

quote:

Are you positive about the this "pick a unit with transporter inside"? I am able to do the paradrop, but I have to have my paradropers as a separate formation. It doesn't seem to work when the paradropers are actually within a formation containing a transporter.

Anyhow, I must be low on AP or fuel, 'cause the times I've tried I've only been able to paradrop three hexes.

Thanks,

Alan

No, the paratroopers must be in a separate unit under the transporter. When you click on the transporter and tell it to do a paradrop, it asks you to choose the paratroopers.It works the same as loading ships.

Henri

Post #: 7
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/22/2011 4:20:53 PM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: torontorock

Hola Alan. I am a new player myself. I just wanted to mention something quickly about the manual. I also found the ATGE manual rather vague but I then I just recently looked at the ATWW2 manual and that one was a bit more detailed. I don't know if you looked at that one but if not you may want to check it out. Hope all is well :) 

Naw, the ATG manual is just as bad, the way I see it. I'm just learning-- trial-and-error.

Alan

(in reply to torontorock)
Post #: 8
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/22/2011 4:24:36 PM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: henri51

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlanBernardo

quote:

Thanks,

Alan

No, the paratroopers must be in a separate unit under the transporter. When you click on the transporter and tell it to do a paradrop, it asks you to choose the paratroopers.It works the same as loading ships.

Henri

Definitely need to be in a separate formation. Why I'm not sure. I would think you should be able to load paratroopers while inside a formation with only transporters.

But I was simply low on APs. Once I had enough, I was able to paradrop 10 hexes. Didn't do much good, as my paratroops were wiped out a turn or two after landing. Engineers can be paradropped, too.

Alan

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> Paradropping: How Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI