Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Paradropping: How

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> Paradropping: How Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paradropping: How - 4/20/2011 9:51:17 PM   
AlanBernardo

Hello,

Can someone please explain the rules on paradropping. Every time I try I only get the option to paradrop three or four hexes, about as far as any unit can travel on foot. I must need something else. I mean, to paradrop typically means into enemy territory.

There are a lot of rules and mechanics that are just not in the manual. Great game: a manual not worth the effort to even use the ink on.

Alan
Post #: 1
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/20/2011 11:28:09 PM   
Madlok

Pick a unit with transporter inside. Click "use this unit to do a paradrop" and the game will lead you further.
Typical range is 10 hexes if the transporters have full (100) Action Points.

(in reply to AlanBernardo)
Post #: 2
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/20/2011 11:33:52 PM   
henri51

Your problem is probably that your aircraft have already flown and don't have full movement points, assuming you are playing a scenario (such as random ATG) where the modder has not changed the values. In a random scenario I am playing I used a paradrop today and it was 10 hexes away.

henri

(in reply to Madlok)
Post #: 3
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/21/2011 12:43:31 AM   
SSFSX17

Transporter planes also need a lot of fuel - especially if you have a lot of them in one HQ. If their movement ranges are shown with fuel can symbols, then that might be the cause.

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 4
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/21/2011 3:36:29 AM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Madlok

Pick a unit with transporter inside. Click "use this unit to do a paradrop" and the game will lead you further.

Are you positive about the this "pick a unit with transporter inside"? I am able to do the paradrop, but I have to have my paradropers as a separate formation. It doesn't seem to work when the paradropers are actually within a formation containing a transporter.

Anyhow, I must be low on AP or fuel, 'cause the times I've tried I've only been able to paradrop three hexes.

Thanks,

Alan

(in reply to Madlok)
Post #: 5
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/22/2011 3:24:53 PM   
torontorock

Hola Alan. I am a new player myself. I just wanted to mention something quickly about the manual. I also found the ATGE manual rather vague but I then I just recently looked at the ATWW2 manual and that one was a bit more detailed. I don't know if you looked at that one but if not you may want to check it out. Hope all is well :) 

Post #: 6
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/22/2011 3:36:03 PM   
henri51

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlanBernardo

quote:

Are you positive about the this "pick a unit with transporter inside"? I am able to do the paradrop, but I have to have my paradropers as a separate formation. It doesn't seem to work when the paradropers are actually within a formation containing a transporter.

Anyhow, I must be low on AP or fuel, 'cause the times I've tried I've only been able to paradrop three hexes.

Thanks,

Alan

No, the paratroopers must be in a separate unit under the transporter. When you click on the transporter and tell it to do a paradrop, it asks you to choose the paratroopers.It works the same as loading ships.

Henri

Post #: 7
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/22/2011 4:20:53 PM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: torontorock

Hola Alan. I am a new player myself. I just wanted to mention something quickly about the manual. I also found the ATGE manual rather vague but I then I just recently looked at the ATWW2 manual and that one was a bit more detailed. I don't know if you looked at that one but if not you may want to check it out. Hope all is well :) 

Naw, the ATG manual is just as bad, the way I see it. I'm just learning-- trial-and-error.

Alan

(in reply to torontorock)
Post #: 8
RE: Paradropping: How - 4/22/2011 4:24:36 PM   
AlanBernardo

quote:

ORIGINAL: henri51

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlanBernardo

quote:

Thanks,

Alan

No, the paratroopers must be in a separate unit under the transporter. When you click on the transporter and tell it to do a paradrop, it asks you to choose the paratroopers.It works the same as loading ships.

Henri

Definitely need to be in a separate formation. Why I'm not sure. I would think you should be able to load paratroopers while inside a formation with only transporters.

But I was simply low on APs. Once I had enough, I was able to paradrop 10 hexes. Didn't do much good, as my paratroops were wiped out a turn or two after landing. Engineers can be paradropped, too.

Alan

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> The War Room >> Paradropping: How Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI