From: on a mountain in Idaho
Actually I can't take credit for the server-save game idea, I think lots of people have asked for it.
I'm assuming that this wish list could apply to a Field Marshall edition, rather than just an average patch, so:
1) Fix the map east of Lgrad, make it more heavy woods/swamp (see seperate thread...);
2) Fix rail somehow so that cutting one track near Stalino doesn't render all of the track south of the Dnepr and in the Crimea "dead". Given all of the ports in this area, it seems rather unlikely that there would be NO rail in the entire Crimea for instance. This has important gameplay effects because it makes if very difficult to move troops through the Crimea and beyond. EDIT: Elsewhere I've suggesting leaving track "live" if it is connected to a port, or a certain level of port capacity (under the theory that where there are ports, there are trains).
3) One niggle, not sure if I'm the only one to notice it: in the Strategic Reserve, when you try to filter by type of plane, it is almost impossible to select/deselect fighter-bombers. Everything else is fine, but whenever I want to select FBs, I need to select everything and then deselect everything but FBs. Irritating.
4) Also, why can't we sort the National Reserve by type of plane (ie, Yak-1)?
5) Greatly reduce the AP cost of transferring empty armies/corps, etc. Why does it cost as much, or more, to re-assign an empty army, than to disband it and create a new one? Let's say an army has fifteen CPs. You decide to reassign these units to free up the army, and then would like to transfer it to a new front. You've already paid AP to transfer all of the units, why should I have to pay another massive chunk of AP to transfer an empty army?
That's all for now...
1. That's going to be up to the map guys, I doubt we will see anything for WitE though. Maybe in a future product that will be addressed.
2. Yep I agree about the first part..I think though if you are connected to a port in supply, any rail there should be useable.
3. I'll look into that one
4. That sounds like an easy enough request, I'll ask about it.
5. Hq's are supposed to be cheaper to transfer with fewer units assigned. I just checked in my last game and a German Corps with 3 divisions cost 26 ap to transfer in its entirety to OKH. Removing 1 division cut the cost down to 24, losing another division cut the cost to 14, losing the 3rd division cut it down to 12. No idea why the big jump after the second division was reassigned, but it appears WAD.