Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What are the requirements for reloading subs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> What are the requirements for reloading subs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 9:39:10 AM   
Sredni

I had to retreat all of my surface ships out of the DEI, so soerbaja is left without an AS for now, which I thought I didn't actually need. I've been basing my manilla subs here and will continue to do so until it comes under serious threat. But now the subs won't reload torpedoes there.

Level 7 port, 28000 supply, air hq with torps (if that matters for subs, I wouldn't think it would but you never know), Command HQ with a radius of 9 in Batavia, Naval HQ in batavia as well (again if that matters, I should probably move it to soerbaja but didn't think of it before now). But my subs won't reload torps at soerbaja.

20.1.2.2 pg 287 of the manual lists the various torpedo load costs, with 21 inch mk14 torpedoes needing a level 7 port with 0 nav support or a level 6 with 118 nav support (alas I only have 34 at soerbaja, but it's a lvl 7 port so meh). So I thought I was good to go without an AS. My previous campaign playthrough I did the same thing, based out of soerbaja at the start, but I don't remember having any issues reloading subs.

I looked through the manual and found a bunch of info on airborn torpedo reloading (p165) with the specific requirements needed, but I couldn't find anything similar for naval torpedoes. Tried searching the forums as well but mostly got really old posts and none that said right out what was needed.

Any info on this would be appreciated, thanks a bunch.
Post #: 1
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 10:36:21 AM   
Puhis

Level 7 port should be enough.

Check that your sub are not set to "do not refuel"

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 2
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 2:25:18 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

Level 7 port should be enough.

Check that your sub are not set to "do not refuel"

Why the do not refuel? So he can manually do it?

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 3
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 3:03:19 PM   
bjmorgan

He said make sure they are NOT set to do not refuel.

Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 4
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 4:22:09 PM   
jeffk3510

oops just noticed that!

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to bjmorgan)
Post #: 5
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 6:31:26 PM   
Sredni

Subs are set to fully refuel. I also disbanded and reformed em to see and still no go.

There is 11 port damage, would that be enough to prevent rearming? My destroyers also can't reload torpedoes there now, and the repulse can't reload it's 15 inch guns.

I also moved the naval HQ to soerbaja and it had no effect.

< Message edited by Sredni -- 4/14/2011 6:33:43 PM >

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 6
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 6:33:56 PM   
Alfred

Rearming both uses up OPs and is subject to the daily port rearming limits. See table on page 109 of the manual. If you have too many ships trying to rearm at Soerabaja you may simply be experiencing a situation where your subs simply have to wait their turn to rearm.

Bearing in mind the rearming costs, pages 284-285 of the manual, it is certainly conceivable that you have too many ships there trying to rearm simultaneously.

Alfred

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 7
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 6:46:59 PM   
Sredni

I only had a few subs in port when it first started. And I think there's a different message when you've used up all your ops points for the day.

And now some of my subs can rearm and some can't lol. The dutch subs reloaded their 45 cm torpedoes, but the american subs can't reload their 21 inch.

And just to check for sure, I tried reloading 21inch torps on an american boat which didn't have any ops points expended, but it wouldn't reload. "Task force ### could not be fully rearmed at soerbaja." is the message it gives.

Then I tried to reload a dutch boat with it's 45 cm torps and again zero ops points expended that day and it did reload. So the port itself isn't out of ops.

I'm thinking now that it may be the port damage? Since last turn the dutch boats wouldn't reload with 14 port damage, but this turn they would with 11 port damage. Mebbe I just need to fix the port damage down to zero before the bigger american torpedoes and ship ammo will reload. I wish I had more engineers here heh.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 8
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 6:54:06 PM   
USS America

I suspect the American torpedoes have a higher load cost than the Dutch fish.  The damage to the port is the likely culprit, reducing the max load of the port by the percentage of damage probably drops it's capability below the requirement for loading the US torps.

Sounds good, anyway, doesn't it? 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 9
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 7:04:29 PM   
Alfred

Sredni,

You posted #6 whilst I was writing my post so I wasn't aware of your port damage.

Page 211 indicates that a port damage of 11 would result in a loss of 11% of your port capacity.

Also when I referred to OPs I was referring to the OPs of a Task Force, not that of a port. Task Forces use up OPs in everything they do at the port. The port itself is limited by rearming rates for all ships as indicated in the table I pointed out.

American torpedoes do have a higher reload cost than Dutch torpedoes.

Alfred

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 10
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 9:02:02 PM   
Sredni

Haha, always learning something new. You'd think I would have come across port damage and issues with reloading at some point during the previous year heh, but I guess not.

Thanks for clearing that up. I sent some of my units with engineers from batavia to soerbaja to speed up the repair.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 11
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 9:44:26 PM   
foliveti

The way I understand how it works that 11% damage would drop a 7 port to 6.23, which is treated as a 6 port.  If you had 15% damage, it would drop it down to a 5.

Check out the FAQs info for newbies thread at the top of the War Room section. It has a lot of interesting game mechanics info.

< Message edited by foliveti -- 4/14/2011 9:45:51 PM >

Frank

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 12
RE: What are the requirements for reloading subs? - 4/14/2011 10:05:10 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sredni

Haha, always learning something new. You'd think I would have come across port damage and issues with reloading at some point during the previous year heh, but I guess not.

Thanks for clearing that up. I sent some of my units with engineers from batavia to soerbaja to speed up the repair.

Almost certinaly the port damage and ops points, but just for future make sure there is no tube damage either. That's one of the coded damage results from ASW attack for both sides. Usually you get a message during the attack. In my games I don't think I've ever seen stern tubes damaged; always forward. Tube damage is major wepaons system damage, so you might need to send these to a bigger yard if you get it.

The Moose

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> What are the requirements for reloading subs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI