Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets Updated
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thank you Slitherine and Matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Thank you Slitherine and Matrix Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 4/12/2011 2:07:06 AM   
jomni

Finally got the game via the Slitherine discount coupon included in the newsletter. The price ($20) is now just right for me who initially stayed in the sidelines. Thanks.

I'm now going though the tutorial and I love the look and the feel of the game. Looking forward to play the campaign!

My Blog
Random Wargame Name Generator
Post #: 1
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 4/12/2011 9:12:11 AM   
Alikchi

Seconded. I am having the same experience. This is great stuff!

"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 2
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 4/15/2011 11:53:24 PM   
Wolfe

Thirded.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Alikchi)
Post #: 3
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 9/23/2011 10:25:17 AM   
PJJ

I can't help but feel that Matrix would actually increase their business by lowering the price of their games.

And these spambots are a nuisance, every forum seems to be full of them.

"But here we are in a chamber pot, about to be ****ted upon."

-French General Auguste Ducrot before the Battle of Sedan, September 1870
Post #: 4
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 9/24/2011 6:52:27 PM   
Zagys

quote:

ORIGINAL: PJJ

I can't help but feel that Matrix would actually increase their business by lowering the price of their games.

I agree. Even though I ended up buying Hannibal at full price, I think the game would benefit from a price reduction. Of the many Matrix games I think look interesting, I've only bought very few. Maybe there is some sort of ideological opposition to lowering prices here, as it makes no sense to refuse to consider a price reduction for a years old game.

(in reply to PJJ)
Post #: 5
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 11/2/2011 3:43:17 PM   
kondor999

This game is worth $70 IMHO. Look - this sort of thing appeals to more mature gamers who presumably are somewhat better off than the typical Battlefield 3 player.

I just want these guys to stay in business. SO you're right in one sense: It'd be interesting to see if they could actually make more by charging a bit less.

I know one thing: Anyone who plays this game once will be hooked forever. A real classic.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zagys

quote:

ORIGINAL: PJJ

I agree. Even though I ended up buying Hannibal at full price, I think the game would benefit from a price reduction. Of the many Matrix games I think look interesting, I've only bought very few. Maybe there is some sort of ideological opposition to lowering prices here, as it makes no sense to refuse to consider a price reduction for a years old game.

My Command Review at SimHQ: http://www.simhq.com/daily-news/command-modern-airnaval-operations-1-01-review.html

(in reply to Zagys)
Post #: 6
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 11/8/2011 9:57:59 PM   
Baris

I have bought this game after I have read very positive reviews about the game design and AI in other forums and I'm more  amazed about the work done after I have played the game 2 days full.  congratulations I hope  future games will be in the horizon with  more assertive map but with the same excellent design of rules and the AI.

< Message edited by Baris -- 11/8/2011 9:58:39 PM >

(in reply to kondor999)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Thank you Slitherine and Matrix Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI