Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thank you Slitherine and Matrix

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Thank you Slitherine and Matrix Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 4/12/2011 2:07:06 AM   
jomni

Finally got the game via the Slitherine discount coupon included in the newsletter. The price ($20) is now just right for me who initially stayed in the sidelines. Thanks.

I'm now going though the tutorial and I love the look and the feel of the game. Looking forward to play the campaign!

My Blog
Random Wargame Name Generator
Post #: 1
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 4/12/2011 9:12:11 AM   
Alikchi

Seconded. I am having the same experience. This is great stuff!

"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 2
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 4/15/2011 11:53:24 PM   
Wolfe

Thirded.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to Alikchi)
Post #: 3
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 9/23/2011 10:25:17 AM   
PJJ

I can't help but feel that Matrix would actually increase their business by lowering the price of their games.

And these spambots are a nuisance, every forum seems to be full of them.

"But here we are in a chamber pot, about to be ****ted upon."

-French General Auguste Ducrot before the Battle of Sedan, September 1870
Post #: 4
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 9/24/2011 6:52:27 PM   
Zagys

quote:

ORIGINAL: PJJ

I can't help but feel that Matrix would actually increase their business by lowering the price of their games.

I agree. Even though I ended up buying Hannibal at full price, I think the game would benefit from a price reduction. Of the many Matrix games I think look interesting, I've only bought very few. Maybe there is some sort of ideological opposition to lowering prices here, as it makes no sense to refuse to consider a price reduction for a years old game.

(in reply to PJJ)
Post #: 5
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 11/2/2011 3:43:17 PM   
kondor999

This game is worth $70 IMHO. Look - this sort of thing appeals to more mature gamers who presumably are somewhat better off than the typical Battlefield 3 player.

I just want these guys to stay in business. SO you're right in one sense: It'd be interesting to see if they could actually make more by charging a bit less.

I know one thing: Anyone who plays this game once will be hooked forever. A real classic.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zagys

quote:

ORIGINAL: PJJ

I agree. Even though I ended up buying Hannibal at full price, I think the game would benefit from a price reduction. Of the many Matrix games I think look interesting, I've only bought very few. Maybe there is some sort of ideological opposition to lowering prices here, as it makes no sense to refuse to consider a price reduction for a years old game.

My Command Review at SimHQ: http://www.simhq.com/daily-news/command-modern-airnaval-operations-1-01-review.html

(in reply to Zagys)
Post #: 6
RE: Thank you Slitherine and Matrix - 11/8/2011 9:57:59 PM   
Baris

I have bought this game after I have read very positive reviews about the game design and AI in other forums and I'm more  amazed about the work done after I have played the game 2 days full.  congratulations I hope  future games will be in the horizon with  more assertive map but with the same excellent design of rules and the AI.

< Message edited by Baris -- 11/8/2011 9:58:39 PM >

(in reply to kondor999)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> Thank you Slitherine and Matrix Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI