Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

cavalry charges

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> cavalry charges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cavalry charges - 4/9/2011 8:20:12 PM   
gnmad

in the manual it says that cavalry are much less effective charging when disordered. having just played a brigade level game i found that disordered cavalry will not charge! is this wad or is the manual right? if wad it makes cavalry pretty useless.
Post #: 1
RE: cavalry charges - 4/9/2011 8:31:54 PM   
evwalt

I don't believe disordered cavalry can charge.  This is fairly accurate (at least with my experience with other games).

Once cavalry charges, they need to withdraw to reorganize to be of any use.

Russia in "Going Again II"
France in "Quest for Glory"
Prussia in "Invitational"

(in reply to gnmad)
Post #: 2
RE: cavalry charges - 4/9/2011 8:55:54 PM   
gnmad

thx for that.ill need to adjust my tactics to take it into account. i found that reorganising them was almost impossible(even during a night) so ill just treat them as one shot units.

historically some cavalry were just that(much of the british cavalry for example) but as many or more would make repeated successfull charges,some being recorded as making more than a dozen during a battle.

(in reply to evwalt)
Post #: 3
RE: cavalry charges - 4/10/2011 1:24:17 PM   
terje439

Get the upgrade for Cav reorganizing and let them gain some exp and you should atleast get the reform rate up to 30% in daytime and 40-50% in nighttime. Also remember to move them away from any red zones when you want to reform them, as the red zones drop their chance to rally.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to gnmad)
Post #: 4
RE: cavalry charges - 4/11/2011 11:00:34 PM   
gnmad

thats good to know. thx

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 5
RE: cavalry charges - 8/5/2011 10:30:25 PM   
Bolkonsky

I have had no problem getting my cavalry to reorganize. It is important to move them away from threat first and if they are fatigued they must rest. Also, they need to be in the open of course. Leaders seem to help as well. I often can charge a number of times with cavalry before they become disorganized. I often use them to force infantry to form square so that my own infantry can hammer away on them with impunity. Finally, it is important to pick your targets and avoid frontal charges.

(in reply to gnmad)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> cavalry charges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI