Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TEAM game NR2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> TEAM game NR2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TEAM game NR2 - 4/7/2011 1:46:46 PM   
gids

ok there was Drang nach osten team game ,waiting after i sent T1 to del im sure he send it to the german side,so what went wrong there ?,im almost confident there wasnt enough communication on that side
for it to work ,you need to know who you get your mail from and to who to send it,write it down
make a seperate email map to store your tunrns in from that game so it doesnt get lost and you can resend when needed
Need commitment ,dont start a game if your a halfass slacker and have no cleu what to do,meaning GET INFO and ASK
So what is the status of the game?
Post #: 1
RE: TEAM game NR2 - 4/7/2011 4:28:50 PM   
Manstein63

As I said on my post Thunder in the East there was a block on my email which prevented me from recieving turns it has all been resolved I have completed my part & sent it back so you should be recieving the soviet turn shortly. My apologies to you & the rest of the Soviet players for the delay & I hope we will be back up & running soon.
Manstein63

(in reply to gids)
Post #: 2
RE: TEAM game NR2 - 4/7/2011 5:42:26 PM   
gids

ok :) so well im still up for it ,i have no die of the other players of my side

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 3
RE: TEAM game NR2 - 4/8/2011 5:36:26 AM   
Hagleboz

Part of the problem is we've got lines of communication going everywhere.  Separate emails and PM's to team mates, AAR's and messages on the forum under different game titles, guys over several time zones, limited comms between teams, etc. 

Glad to see the problem was resolved, but I think team captains need to be very aggressive in making sure turns are completed quickly with comms to players who seem to be lagging and who gave no heads up.  Players also need to make sure their teams are informed on their progress, especially if pace is slow.  Even though each player has less to command, he needs to take extra time to be diligent about keeping others informed and turning over turns quickly when they arrive. If a player knows he can't get his portion of the turn done in the next two days I think we should seriously look at having the captain take over that front for the turn. With so many steps to complete each turn, lag builds up at every stage and these games slow to a crawl.  When this happens people lose interest and these games die an early death.

From our internal emails today it seems that everyone on the Russian side is still eager to go.  I'm hoping to get the file some time before the weekend ends because I'm pretty slammed next week.  Fingers crossed.

< Message edited by Hagleboz -- 4/8/2011 5:45:47 AM >

(in reply to gids)
Post #: 4
RE: TEAM game NR2 - 4/8/2011 6:04:10 AM   
delatbabel

Yes, I think the Soviets are all ready to go. I am still waiting for the axis turn.

The inter-side turn exchange should be from OKH to Stavka and back again. Stavka and OKH should be distributing the turns within the sides.

--
Del

(in reply to Hagleboz)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> TEAM game NR2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI