From: Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Hey Parmenio, This sounds similar to a problem i was having with loading SCE files.
I had a problem when using programs built on Larry's DLL for reading scenarios....
If I hard-coded a reference (filename string) to a scenario and used Scenario.ReadScenario(filename) it would work
If I used a FileDialog to get the filename and then Scenario.ReadScenario(filename) it would die , badly, with some form of corrupted heap that was impossible (for me) to debug. I sent an email or to to Larry about this, but had no luck, and Larry "cannot" send me the code or debugging (PDB) files to help sort the problem.
To me, the only obvious differnece is how the filename input string might be allocated and then used in the DLL, but without more debugging information from Larry, i am stuck.
It appeared, that some windows update might be the cause; i suspect this as the ScenarioViewer works fine on a Vanilla win 7 install. Once all the Win7 security patchss are applied, then the problem strikes. I have not checked this for 3 months, and win7 SP1 may have fixed the problem, will check when i get home.
BTW: The problem occurs with Win 7, 32 bit.
It works fine in all cases in Win XP
< Message edited by Anthony -- 5/13/2011 4:49:21 AM >