Editor question - changing bmp pointers

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Hotschi

Editor question - changing bmp pointers

Post by Hotschi »

Okay, thanks to Big B and Tomlabel, we now have the Cleveland 1942 design (one funnel instead of two) available for CL Fargo - unfortunately, stock points to bmp 51 - same as the other (two funneled) Clevelands.

When I change this pointer to another number, do I need to save the scenario to a higher slot than 25, or can I save and overwrite the original stck scenario?
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
JWE

RE: Editor question - changing bmp pointers

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: Hotschi
Okay, thanks to Big B and Tomlabel, we now have the Cleveland 1942 design (one funnel instead of two) available for CL Fargo - unfortunately, stock points to bmp 51 - same as the other (two funneled) Clevelands.

When I change this pointer to another number, do I need to save the scenario to a higher slot than 25, or can I save and overwrite the original stck scenario?
Unfortunately, yes.

Changing ANYTHING in the Editor for officially registered scenarios 001 - 025, requires the scenario to be "saved as" some other scenario number greater than 025. Registered scenarios 001-025 are 'protected' and cannot be changed in any way, shape or form, other than an official scenario data update. This is to protect PBEM games from backdoor unauthorized breaking and entering.
Hotschi

Post by Hotschi »

Thank you, also for explaining the reasoning behind this decision.
"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.
parman72

Post by parman72 »

I like the Bit Image of the Cleveland '42 that Big B and Tom Label did but I would like it as a stand alone "side" and "shil" that I could paste into the ship art folder. Cand anyone help?
JWE

Post by JWE »

ORIGINAL: parman72
I like the Bit Image of the Cleveland '42 that Big B and Tom Label did but I would like it as a stand alone "side" and "shil" that I could paste into the ship art folder. Cand anyone help?
Those are already in the game at bit map 36.
parman72

Post by parman72 »

most excellent. thanks
el cid again

Post by el cid again »

unfortunate indeed - even a true error in an official scenario cannot be fixed - except by Martix - unless you have the tools and
record formats needed to change a record outside the editor mechanisms

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”