From: Oslo, Norway
It seems that my checklist will be almost as long as game manual
From my notes on reserve units:
- Both offensive & defense
- Min 3 MP to be put in reserve.
- Units that move, retreat or rout loose Reserve status.
- To commit, must have enough MP's and pass leader initiative check as well as a check on remaining MPs : die(MP expended) <= die(MP of unit)
- MP cost is cost to move to battle. if reserve unit is of a different HQ, then MP cost to commit is higher:
- x3 if same HQ
- x4 if HQ one level away
- N/A if two or more levels away
- MP cost is raised by 8 if mot, or 2 if non-mot.
- Defence: Must be within 5 hexes. Offense: within 3 hexes
- May never commit if adjacent to enemy unit
- Will not commit if odds ratio are > 10:1, for defence will if odds ratio < 1:2
- Unit may participate in multiple battles as long as have remaining MPs
- If battle is lost, MPs reduced to zero
- If reserve unit has lack of vehicles suffer reduction in CV
- Corps unit add one to the leader initiative roll
- Chance of commitment depends on size of units already commited: die(18) must be > sum already committed
- Corps = 15 - Div = 9 - Brig = 5 - Reg = 3
- Defending reserve units committed may rout if def. forced to rout.
Must pass a check morale higher than 40 + die(15) to avoid rout. (less than 50 morale, not recommended)
- Def in city/urban: reserves within 2 hexes can commit as long as >= 1 MP, no distance check.
Size commitment, instead of die(18) is die(36) if l. urban and die(72) if h. urban.
Should be a complete checklist/need-to-know-list
The second last step is really important for russians (morale should be more than 55 to be 100% to avoid routing reserve units)
< Message edited by color -- 3/24/2011 3:53:31 PM >