Classic WWII tactical combat at its grittiest and most addicting!
Matrix Games and Boku Strategy Games (www.bokustrategygames.com) are thrilled to announce the release of Combat Command: The Matrix Edition. To mark the release of this addicting turn-based strategy classic, the Wargamer has released an in-depth AAR of the Longstop Hill battle that took place in Tunisia and expect more coverage on the way as well!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, “Combat Command: The Matrix Edition lets players lead their forces into the fray with a great interface and thrilling WWII combat action! But don’t take my word for it, head over to the forums and check out the many brilliant AARs going on to get a feel for the game.”
Experience the engaging and intense Combat Command game system with more units, more scenarios, new art, and more! Combat Command: The Matrix Edition is a new updated compilation of the Combat Command series which combines the features, units, scenarios, and gameplay from both Desert Rats and Danger Forward into one fantastic system. Included in this updated release are two brand new thrilling scenarios, Moscow and Stalingrad. This special edition also has support for 8 new armies bringing the total number of national armies included to 15, including support for the combatants in the Pacific Theater of WWII. Combat Command: The Matrix Edition also sports a fine new paint job, with many graphical components of the game improved or completely redone! All the unit graphics have been redone, Fall and Jungle terrain sets have been added, all old terrain sets have been redone, the interface has been tweaked and recolored, and more!
Get more information on Combat Command: The Matrix Edition from its official product page.
- Combined ruleset and scenarios from both Desert Rats and Danger Forward to bring the best from both titles
- Two new never-before-seen scenarios, Moscow and Stalingrad, to combine with the over 40 scenarios included
- Added 8 new armies to test your tactical might, more than doubling the number available in the original games!
- Redone and improved Winter, Summer and Desert terrain sets
- Brand new Fall and Jungle terrain sets
- New and improved graphics for all units
- Re-colored and improved interface for a better, more aesthetically pleasing look
- As with the original Combat Command system, the engine models a wide variety of combat from amphibious and airborne operations to supply and morale effects, even night attacks, minefields, fixed defenses, and more!
Sean Drummy Marketing and Press Relations Manager