New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
markhwalker

New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens

Post by markhwalker »

A couple of interesting things in this screen. In this scenario, the Soviets--aided by Partisans--are attempting to capture scientists, which are controlled by the computer. This is the sixth scenario from the campaign, and the Soviets with the gold stars are actually campaign units, carried from one scenario to the next.
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Barthheart

RE: New Heroes of Stalingrad Screens

Post by Barthheart »

Looks cool!

Thanks Mark.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Josh

Post by Josh »

Chances it gets released; 100%! [;)]

Thanks Mark.
harrmonica

Post by harrmonica »

this thread just made my day!
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: Josh

Chances it gets released; 100%! [;)]

Thanks Mark.

Really? What do you know that the rest of us don't know? All I see
is another screen shot.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Just teasing Gunny, ofcourse I can't be 100% sure. Anything can happen and this game might never see daylight, Mark could go bankrupt, one of the devs might drop dead, the internet might collapse.... heaven forbid all that happens ofcourse.
Just saying, they're still working on it, and it probably will be released someday.

In the meantime I'm quite happy with WitE, the upcoming PCO and most important Victors new game Advanced Tactics Gold.
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: Josh

Just teasing Gunny, ofcourse I can't be 100% sure. Anything can happen and this game might never see daylight, Mark could go bankrupt, one of the devs might drop dead, the internet might collapse.... heaven forbid all that happens ofcourse.
Just saying, they're still working on it, and it probably will be released someday.

In the meantime I'm quite happy with WitE, the upcoming PCO and most important Victors new game Advanced Tactics Gold.

LOL. OK. Ya got me Josh.

I've been playing a lot of Memoir 44 on-line. We've already set up one small tournament
between 12 players and a had a lot of fun with it. They have a good community with
good support.
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

Where do you play M44 online?
World at War: Revelation, a creepy, military action, alternate history, World War Three novel. At Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (http://tinyurl.com/mcgcht8). Only $3.99. What the hell?
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Where do you play M44 online?

Go to the "Days of Wonder" site. You can download the program for free. It's still in Beta, but it's very playable. I don't recall how many scenarios there are. I think about 20 or so. There is an occasional bug, but the Beta testers (anyone who wants to download the program really) report everything that goes wrong and I have only experienced one or two problems. We've managed to put together a 12 man tournament already. The on-line forum is very active.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Wow, a screenshot, and it's not even September!
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Wow, a screenshot, and it's not even September!

Can you imagine my excitement? LOL
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

The interesting thing about the skill card below...Sewer Rat allows the leader and all the units in its hex to move underground (i.e. away from the prying lead of opportunity fire) to another building hex within the movement range. It's great for spoiling the German's day. Gunhawk...thanks for the M44 answer.

Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

Cool skill.

Any chance at getting lost in the sewer... like that other game? [;)]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
harrmonica

Post by harrmonica »

that is a cool skill. really liking these screens and the artwork therein.
Keunert

Post by Keunert »

great stuff! please keep it coming. i look very much forward to this. and to finally beat Barthheart in multiplayer.
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: Keunert

great stuff! please keep it coming. i look very much forward to this. and to finally beat Barthheart in multiplayer.

[;)] I'll take that challenge!
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

>>Gunhawk...thanks for the M44 answer.<<
&nbsp;
You're welcome Mark.&nbsp; Now you owe me one. (-:&nbsp; So,&nbsp;about HoS.&nbsp;&nbsp;You've got everyone here in a tizzy over what they believe is&nbsp;the imminent release of the game.&nbsp;&nbsp;I know that you said that you&nbsp;"hoped" to have it "out" by Origins.&nbsp; Does that mean published and sitting on a table for purchase by the public?&nbsp; If what you "hope" does not come to fruition, what is the *latest* possible date this year that you will publish the game?&nbsp;
markhwalker

Post by markhwalker »

I wouldn't call it imminent. I would say it is getting closer, I wish I could say, but there is nothing else I can say with certainty.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

I wouldn't call it imminent. I would say it is getting closer, I wish I could say, but there is nothing else I can say with certainty.
Well at least you said "something", that is better than silence.
Thanks
Gunhawk

Post by Gunhawk »

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Well at least you said "something", that is better than silence.
Thanks

I disagree. He didn't say anything that he hasn't said before.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”