Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

(FULL) New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> (FULL) New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
(FULL) New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/18/2011 6:44:04 PM   
redmarkus4

The Axis Team from Thunder in the East (minus the Commander of AGS, who has decided to shoot himself) having apparently thrashed our STAVKA opponents so badly that they gave up in frustration, seeks a new team of brave souls willing to take up the STAVKA role.

The team game model only works for those who are committed to a long term process. Turns take about a week to play, if everyone plays their role, but the team dynamics make for real immersion and a realistic WW2 command experience - well, without the blood and guts.

All postings have now been made.

Visit the Za Rodinu AARs for a sense of how a successful Team Play game moves along.

ROSTER

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by redmarkus4 -- 3/21/2011 11:38:43 AM >

Managers read statistics and tune processes. Leaders interpret statistics and determine strategy.
Post #: 1
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/18/2011 7:01:06 PM   
gids

im game for soviet south ,just learned quite some deal with tarhunnas(still in play)

< Message edited by gids -- 3/18/2011 7:02:38 PM >

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 2
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/18/2011 8:27:53 PM   
Manstein63

I'd Like to try AGS or Failing that Soviet North if the positions are still availiable
Manstein63

(in reply to gids)
Post #: 3
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/18/2011 9:50:13 PM   
redmarkus4

Done! See above :)

Managers read statistics and tune processes. Leaders interpret statistics and determine strategy.

(in reply to gids)
Post #: 4
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/18/2011 9:50:23 PM   
timmyab

I'll have another go despite the last debacle.I'll take anything that's offered, but not STAVKA.

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 5
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/18/2011 9:50:45 PM   
redmarkus4

You've got it - welcome to the Axis team

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 6
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/18/2011 9:53:56 PM   
redmarkus4

quote:

ORIGINAL: timmyab

I'll have another go despite the last debacle.I'll take anything that's offered, but not STAVKA.

OK - you are commanding the Baltics this time.

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 7
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/18/2011 11:50:42 PM   
Manstein63

quote:

Thanks Redmarkus I'll try not to let you down. I assume that this will be a regular PBEM I've never done one (the games that I have played have been server based) so I may be asking for some advice. So I better start practicing my opening moves

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 8
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/19/2011 3:37:09 AM   
delatbabel

I am happy to try any Soviet position other than Stavka.  I'm usually a pretty good boardgamer (Europa, World in Flames, etc) but I haven't been playing this as long or as religiously as some others.  This will be my first PBEM, I've played several against the AI.  I'm also going to be away for a week in late April so will need another Soviet player to pick up my turns.  I'd rather a team game for that reason, also I think it's a good way to learn.

--
Del

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 9
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/19/2011 3:39:16 AM   
delatbabel

Actually, maybe I could play Stavka, I'm a numbers-head and pretty good with logistics.  I'd still need someone else to sub in during late April though.

--
Del

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 10
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/19/2011 7:37:22 AM   
redmarkus4

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manstein63

quote:

Thanks Redmarkus I'll try not to let you down. I assume that this will be a regular PBEM I've never done one (the games that I have played have been server based) so I may be asking for some advice. So I better start practicing my opening moves

Yes, we use regular PBEM. We're all new to this (I am on turn 5 as OKH in one other team game - my first, but as anyone will tell you, I'm a lousy player!)

Practice away, but remember that the GC dynamics are different to those in the 'Road to' games.

Our goal with these team games is to learn the game, test and develop a team game methodology, build some team spirit for possible future tournaments at GC level, and enjoy ourselves while doing this. Any crime is permissible, except failing to send the phase in good time :)

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 11
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/19/2011 7:44:07 AM   
redmarkus4

quote:

ORIGINAL: delatbabel

Actually, maybe I could play Stavka, I'm a numbers-head and pretty good with logistics.  I'd still need someone else to sub in during late April though.

Excellent! You've got it. See if you can recruit the remaining Soviet commander for the Western Front.

Have a read through the Soviet AARs for Thunder in the East Game 1 and Za Rodinu. They should give you most of the tips you'll need to get started.

You can go ahead and set the game up and email the file to me, so we can get Turn 1 going. It will take us a few days to play turn 1, so hopefully you will have your Western Front player by then.

Finally, please PM me your email address.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 12
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/19/2011 8:05:49 AM   
delatbabel

Done. It might take me a bit of time to get started, read the AARs. I am on beta 5 and I've only just realised there's a whole new final release out there so it will take me a bit of time to download and install that. Also I'll need your email address.

--
Del

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 13
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/19/2011 8:53:58 AM   
redmarkus4

quote:

Done. It might take me a bit of time to get started, read the AARs. I am on beta 5 and I've only just realised there's a whole new final release out there so it will take me a bit of time to download and install that. Also I'll need your email address.

That's OK, but I don't believe it will matter if you start the game off now with your current release version. The Soviets don't make any moves at this stage - you just set your password and then send the file to me. The first turn belongs to the Axis ;)

You will have a few days to read up and update your system while we start Turn 1.

I've emailed you as well.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 14
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/19/2011 12:12:36 PM   
gids

btw maybe we can set here a logic order who has to send the file to who in which order also when will we start,how will the soviet commanders talk to each other to direct some strategy,im willing to give my hotmail or any other idea is welcome,i kept eye on the german players and theyre freaking territory wolves who will try to reach moskva in turn 3 :p

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 15
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/19/2011 11:41:27 PM   
redmarkus4

quote:

ORIGINAL: gids

btw maybe we can set here a logic order who has to send the file to who in which order also when will we start,how will the soviet commanders talk to each other to direct some strategy,im willing to give my hotmail or any other idea is welcome,i kept eye on the german players and theyre freaking territory wolves who will try to reach moskva in turn 3 :p

I suggest that STAVKA starts an AAR for these discussions. The Soviet team needs to PM their emails to each other and keep tactical and strategic discussions private via email or PM. Good luck - the wolves are out of the wire :)

(in reply to gids)
Post #: 16
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/20/2011 12:40:30 AM   
delatbabel

Game started, we still need one player to command the Western Front for the Soviets.  I will start an AAR or something after we have one.  Preferably an experienced player because we seem to have more experience on the Axis side.

Also, it's Stavka not STAVKA.  It's not an abbreviation or acronym, it's a word that roughly means "command tent".

--
Del

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 17
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/20/2011 4:31:20 AM   
Hagleboz

I will take the Western Front if you'll have me. I've mostly played against the AI but I have a few PBEM games for the small scenarios under my belt. I was eager to play in the last game and am glad to see this one resurrected.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 18
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/20/2011 5:09:13 AM   
delatbabel

OK, Hagleboz, you're it.  Insufficient reluctance sees you promoted to Front commander.

Redmarkus, can you adjust the first post.

Now for the big question:  I propose, instead of a 1941 game (which I have started and am happy to play on with) that we start this as a 1942 GC.  Reasons are that I believe it's a more balanced game, I'm currently playing this FTF and it's going to be a close run thing, probably a draw.  It doesn't have the superhuman Axis units in the summer of 1941, and it doesn't have the superhuman Soviet units in the Winter of 41/42.  Both sides have their problems with initial deployments but no problem is insurmountable.

I am a bit nervous with some of the changes that I see mooted for 1.04 and I believe that the game is just going to swing away from the Soviet-balance towards an easy Axis victory if these changes are made.  I'd like to see them playtested first before committing to a major campaign involving them.

Thoughts?

--
Del

(in reply to Hagleboz)
Post #: 19
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/20/2011 7:25:03 AM   
Hagleboz

Glad to be aboard!

I am happy to play either.  Getting past the first winter is definitely a large hurdle and it seems many games fall apart by January which I always hate to see.  It would also be nice to play a scenario that has not been "optimized" where players aren't doing things by rote the first couple turns.  It also makes a lot of sense to play a scenario that is a little more balanced in a shared command game like this.  My one gripe with the '42 game is that I wished it started a little earlier than it does, but since I'm on the Russian side that might not be such a bad thing. 

On the other hand its always fun to watch how things develop with the Barbarossa invasion, especially since everyone knows how to keep relative score in '41.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 20
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/20/2011 10:44:28 AM   
Manstein63

Although I am quite happy to play a 42 Campaign (being commander of AGS) it might be a little bit boring for the other players as their areas start off in Static mode & the same would also apply for the russian team.

I have played a few games mainly as the Russian player & although the Germans are formidable in the first few months I don't subscibe to the superman notion.

You also have to remember that there will not be a single mind running the German Offensive Stratergy
both AGN & AGC will be vying with AGS for reinforcements & there will be differing styles of play.

As for your worries about the 1.04 patch if it does push the game to far the Germans way & the blizzard turns are too easy for the Germans to ride out then we could introduce a house rule for 1942 that there would be no German offensive opperations until the 2nd week in June or a date that can be agreed by all participating players that should give you time to organise.
Manstein63

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 21
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/20/2011 12:25:22 PM   
timmyab

quote:

Insufficient reluctance sees you promoted to Front commander.

Lol.

I'm strongly against the idea of playing the 1942 campaign.For me 1941 is by far the most exciting part of the game, positively nail biting for the Soviets.
If the 1.04 patch disadvantages the Soviet side too much then I'm prepared to take it on the nose.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 22
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/20/2011 3:35:08 PM   
gids

well i wouldnt mind either to start from 1941 but ill go along with what is decided im just a front commander ;)

(in reply to timmyab)
Post #: 23
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/20/2011 10:07:55 PM   
gids

so i heared the game is busy but i didnt get any info or communication whatsever to talk tactics

(in reply to gids)
Post #: 24
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/20/2011 10:31:39 PM   
Hagleboz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Manstein63
Although I am quite happy to play a 42 Campaign (being commander of AGS) it might be a little bit boring for the other players as their areas start off in Static mode & the same would also apply for the russian team.

I didn't think about the fact of static fronts, good call. I think that pushed me toward a normal '41 start as well.

(in reply to Manstein63)
Post #: 25
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/21/2011 1:35:42 AM   
delatbabel

OK, 1941 it is then.

I will send out PMs to the Soviet side shortly.

--
Del

(in reply to Hagleboz)
Post #: 26
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/21/2011 1:52:17 AM   
delatbabel

Soviet AAR commenced.

--
Del

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 27
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/21/2011 11:35:42 AM   
redmarkus4

Sorry Gents - I missed this discussion as I was focused on modding and the main AARs, etc.

'41 game is underway, and I think that's the best option. Personally, my focus at this stage is to test and refine the team model and build a base of keen team players who will become the STAVKA and OKH players of future games. If the game is basically over by '42 for any reason (German supermen, blizzard, etc.) we have the option then to start the stock '42 scenario.

Frankly, game scores aside, my feeling is that if the Axis take Leningrad and Moscow in '41, they've won, and if the Soviets hold the Axis several hexes back from those cities, plus Rostov, it's a Soviet victory. After that, we're just having fun...

< Message edited by redmarkus4 -- 3/21/2011 11:41:38 AM >

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 28
RE: New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits - 3/21/2011 1:26:41 PM   
gids

are you saying we give up after you took 2 puny cities.....seriously not :),stalin wouldnt want that

(in reply to redmarkus4)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> (FULL) New GC 1941 Team Game now open for recruits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI