Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Opponent for GC wanted [CLOSED]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Allied Opponent for GC wanted [CLOSED] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Opponent for GC wanted [CLOSED] - 3/15/2011 10:29:24 PM   
Olorin

This will be my first attempt in playing a GC (scenario01) against a human opponent.
I have another pbem going (playing the Japanese in scenario04 (Guadalcanal) and winning...at least at the moment, turn 35, I sunk the Wasp and retook Lunga), but I should be able to produce a turn almost every day.

I am asking for a player of average experience or better who will play to win, showing no mercy because I am a "newbie". I think a defeat will actually make me gain experience faster than a victory, provided the lessons are learned, but of course that doesn't mean I 'll play to lose.

I have good knowledge of the Japanese OOB and the map, formulating a strategy won't be a problem. It's more likely that the restricting factor will be inadequate knowledge of game mechanics, especially production. I think I got the hang of it, but I have never played into '44 to see how successful my production policies really are. I think I will be fine though. Reading AARs is really helpful.

House rules to be discussed. I propose PDU on and units have to be bought out of restricted commands to move outside borders, sensible use of paras and generally no gamey stuff. I am open to suggestions.

Oh...three more points:
I intent to write an AAR.
I use the latest beta patch.
And lastly, commitment to continue until the very end is necessary on both parties.

< Message edited by Olorin -- 3/16/2011 12:15:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Opponent for GC wanted - 3/15/2011 10:48:03 PM   
sdhundt

I'll play you. I would consider myself average or maybe a little above average since being pummeled by Roy2008. PM sent.

(in reply to Olorin)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied Opponent for GC wanted - 3/16/2011 12:15:03 AM   
Olorin

It looks like we have a game, so I declare this thread CLOSED.

(in reply to sdhundt)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Allied Opponent for GC wanted [CLOSED] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI