Card play bug

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
nalivayko

Card play bug

Post by nalivayko »

I had two same cards - place two units with Hannibal (depending on his location either African, Gallic, etc). Hannibal was at Gaul, I played one card, got Hannibal reinforced with two units and saw both cards disappear (to make it clear, both cards were gone, but Hannibal got only reinforced with 2 units, not 4, I only had time to play one card).

EDIT: 1.03 beta 2
mercenarius

RE: Card play bug

Post by mercenarius »

Well, there is only one "Place Two New Units ... With Hannibal" card in the deck. If you saw two cards of this type in your hand at the same time then that is a bug in the game. I have never seen this before, of course.

Are you certain that both cards were of the "Two New Units .. with Hannibal" type? Just asking. [8D]

Do you have a saved game for this? The ".autosave" made before your Campaign Phase started would be helpful - but you have probably continued on, and that would erase any previous "autosave" game.

Well, I'll keep looking for an explanation. Did you save the game and reload it and the second "Two New Units" card appeared? Anything like that? I don't know of any errors in the load/save code, but it is one place to start looking.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
nalivayko

Post by nalivayko »

Don't have the savegame and I did not reload. I actually saw the same bug happen again, in a different fashion. I had one card on hand, then drawn another duplicate of it, but only had one after the draw. It is the same card as in the first accident: place two units with Hannibal (African, Spanish, Gallic or Italian).

I'll be on a lookout from now on and will try to deliver a saved game if this happens again.
nalivayko

Post by nalivayko »

Had it happen again, again forgot to save the game. Basically, the game can deal you the card twice, but you can only have one card at a time.
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

I am glad that you bumped this thread because I had forgotten about this. [:@]

I will make it my priority to look into it and try to figure out what is happening.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
mercenarius

Post by mercenarius »

To paraphrase some old movie [;)], I have analyzed the rebel plan of attack and there is a danger - but I am not going to prepare my escape shuttle just yet.

There is an error in the code which can allow you to have two instances of this particular card in the deck after a reshuffle. In that case you could have two instances of this card in your hand. But if you did, they would both disappear when one was played. This is exactly what you experienced and reported. [&o]

I will add a fix for this in a future version 1.0.4 which will be a patch for bug fixes only. I want to wait a little while before releasing it. That way I can see if anything else needs to be corrected. And we just released the 1.0.3 patch.

There isn't really a work-around for this error but it's not too destructive. As far as I can determine, this is the only option which is affected by this error.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
nalivayko

Post by nalivayko »

The only work around that I see - use the card as soon as you get it :)

Small correction though - the second card does not disappear when first is played. You see a second card when you draw it (if you pay attention, you can see both of them in the card area), but as soon as it comes to your turn the second card (or first is not there). Just wanted to point out the sequence, since it may have an effect on how you program the fix.

Thank you for looking into this.

Return to “Tech Support”