Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any update on the ETA of new patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Any update on the ETA of new patch? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/1/2011 2:09:16 PM   
sharper

eom

All the best
Stephen
Post #: 1
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/1/2011 2:54:47 PM   
GBS

I was thinking the same thing. I just started playing again and planned to come on here and find out if this game is in it's final form with Arjuna rightfully working on Gov. contracts and all. I slowly lost interest because of fatigue factor when playing Germans. They lose so much fatigue in the first 24 hours that troops are shot for the remaining days of the scenario. Also, once fatigued in the 75% range and greater they rarely seem to recover past 50%. To be blunt...not much fun. When I dropped out I didn't follow to see if this was being addressed at all or not. Does anyone here know? Will there be additional updates?

< Message edited by GBS -- 7/13/2011 3:06:16 PM >

(in reply to sharper)
Post #: 2
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/1/2011 10:58:59 PM   
Arjuna

We're currently trying to migrate the code base over to Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft's new development environment. Some of our drawing code relies on MS ddraw.lib and this is no longer suported under VS 2010. So we are having to rewrite our calling code. Not sure how long this will take. I'll update next week.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 3
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/1/2011 11:59:37 PM   
OlegHasky

quote:

We're currently trying to migrate the code base over to Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft's new development environment. Some of our drawing code relies on MS ddraw.lib and this is no longer suported under VS 2010. So we are having to rewrite our calling code. Not sure how long this will take. I'll update next week.

Half of a year to make new game playable?.. -weltmeister

Gaining fatigure in bftb have to be considered as one serious realistic improovement ..The regeneration - is just one tragical act.

Units laying unconcious in forests for 30 hours + ... no verbal contact

I wouldnt be suprise if indeed Amanita Muscarias were growing in the Arden Forests back then also, but come-on.. This isnt sopose to be a game about mushroom collecting/using. or did I missed something?

I didnt found in manual how to properly cook/prepare them, but I will look again. In this case it would be at least nice compensation for those 80€.

Time Elapsed.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 4
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/2/2011 12:13:24 AM   
OlegHasky

I am laying regeneration bug on the Panther desk as next in line.
also with a note, that scuh hardcore could fit more properly to the Eastern Front
( -10C -20C -30C!.. German lack of winter clothing /as for a constant fatigue/regeneration lack/

Peace, bye, and true love

Oleg out.

< Message edited by OlegHasky -- 3/2/2011 12:21:22 AM >

Time Elapsed.

(in reply to OlegHasky)
Post #: 5
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/3/2011 12:57:03 AM   
simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: OlegHasky

Gaining fatigure in bftb have to be considered as one serious realistic improovement ..The regeneration - is just one tragical act.

Units laying unconcious in forests for 30 hours + ... no verbal contact

30 hours? you must be doing something wrong. You have to remember to reset "normal" setting rest orders to those units that were previously ordered to move/attack with "none" for resting. Do an 'F1' task check after nightfall to make sure no one is stuck behind the line in some old assault or defend order.

Max ROF and 'fastest' are a big source of fatigue - don't use them unless you really have to. Keep a reserve Bn from each regiment and a reserve regiment from each division. Be careful not to over-use the assault order. And, the majority of your troops not in contact with the enemy should be resting at least 8 hours through the night so that they are ready for new orders by 5 AM.

I think some tweaks can be made to make the game "funner" but I really like the way fatigue is currently modeled in this game. Just so you know, fatigue was particularly onerous in the playtest versions and I had to lobby to get the effects reduced as it is. Dave was in the armed forces and he had some pretty good reasons to set it the way he did. Fatigue is not just physical tiredness. It's your guys getting worn down by the sh**hole nightmare that is combat and death.

simovitch

(in reply to OlegHasky)
Post #: 6
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/3/2011 6:33:48 PM   
OlegHasky

Sim,

Appreciate this basics class, but as said:
quote:

Gaining fatigure in bftb have to be considered as one serious realistic improovement

So I think this was the ´most wanted´ since COTA.
I found gaining faigture as high flyer, when it comes to realistics. mud.. dense woods, with some good slopes - must be exhausting. And Im glad that it is.
It is the regeneration that is a mickey-mouse here.

t
quote:

he majority of your troops not in contact with the enemy should be resting at least 8 hours through the night so that they are ready for new orders by 5 AM

True. Just not a new discovery for me. The big part of the gaining faigture greatness is the faigture increese in night advances.

quote:

You have to remember to reset "normal" setting rest orders to those units that were previously ordered to move/attack with "none" for resting

You seem to dont trust my management. Ok, just to know that I do not used to just run on "none" rest. Its not lways a maraton

quote:

Do an 'F1' task check after nightfall to make sure no one is stuck behind the line in some old assault or defend order.

An F1 sugestion.. Hm Ok, intresting... I didnt noticed F1 before.. ..Or did I?
But good gues again. I Agree with that simovich.

quote:

a reserve Bn from each regiment and a reserve regiment from each division

Try to do that in "Assault on the Sauer" as Wehrmacht for example, and let me know how far did you go..

quote:

Dave was in the armed forces and he had some pretty good reasons to set it the way he did

"Dave" is just a one man, and not only one that has expierience in the army. But i understand this is his fairytale, and he is the one drawing.. Thats why my post was directed particulary for him.

You have to know Simovich, - "30+" was stated to make the post more spicey (nevertheless Ive actually have encoutered not one of such examples - taking more then basics needed for a proper rest to occure - so there are also some huge glitches running)

I think, that the regeneration issue is a loud case allready, and I am not the one only bothered by this. In fact i remember Dave "Arujna" admited somewhere, that this is indeed the case to take a closer look up.
My post is a reminder.

quote:

Fatigue is not just physical tiredness. It's your guys getting worn down by the sh**hole nightmare that is combat and death.

I think this is exackly whad I had in mind when writing:

quote:

scuh hardcore could fit more properly to the Eastern Front
( -10C -20C -30C!.. German lack of winter clothing /as for a constant fatigue/regeneration lack/

So again agree. Faigture also have psychological faces.

I thank you for your post. I know the hand was made to be helpfull. Appreciate..

OlegH

< Message edited by OlegHasky -- 3/3/2011 6:41:06 PM >

Time Elapsed.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 7
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/3/2011 6:41:43 PM   
OlegHasky

Sim,

quote:

Gaining fatigure in bftb have to be considered as one serious realistic improovement

I found gaining faigture as high flyer, when it comes to realistics. mud.. dense woods, with some good slopes - must be exhausting. And Im glad that it is.

t
quote:

he majority of your troops not in contact with the enemy should be resting at least 8 hours through the night so that they are ready for new orders by 5 AM

True. Just not a new discovery for me. The big part of the gaining faigture greatness is the faigture increese in night advances.

quote:

You have to remember to reset "normal" setting rest orders to those units that were previously ordered to move/attack with "none" for resting

You seem to dont trust my management. Ok, just to know that I do not used to just run on "none" rest. Its not lways a maraton

quote:

Do an 'F1' task check after nightfall to make sure no one is stuck behind the line in some old assault or defend order.

quote:

Keep a reserve Bn from each regiment and a reserve regiment from each division

Whenever possible . Try to do that as Wehrmacht in "Assault on the Sauer" fo example, and let me know how far did you go..

quote:

Dave was in the armed forces and he had some pretty good reasons to set it the way he did

"Dave" is just a one man, and not only one that has expierience in the army. But i understand this is his fairytale, and he is the one drawing.. Thats why my post was directed particulary for him.

You have to know Simovich, - "30+" was stated to make the post more spicey (nevertheless Ive actually have encoutered not one of such examples - taking more then basics needed for a proper rest to occure - so there are also some huge glitches running)

I think, that the regeneration issue is a loud case allready, and I am not the one only bothered by this. In fact i remember Dave "Arujna" admited somewhere, that this is indeed the case to take a closer look up.
My post is a reminder.

quote:

Fatigue is not just physical tiredness. It's your guys getting worn down by the sh**hole nightmare that is combat and death.

quote:

I thank you for your post. I know the hand was made to be helpfull. Appreciate..

OlegH

< Message edited by OlegHasky -- 3/3/2011 6:44:01 PM >

Time Elapsed.

(in reply to OlegHasky)
Post #: 8
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/3/2011 6:47:30 PM   
OlegHasky

quote:

Sim,

quote:

t
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Keep a reserve Bn from each regiment and a reserve regiment from each division

Whenever possible . Try to do that as Wehrmacht in "Assault on the Sauer" fo example, and let me know how far did you go..

quote:

My post is a reminder.

quote:

quote:

And sorry, I didnt resisted to answer some of them, despite that Ive felt, that their are not addressed for me.

Edit:
Somehow = 2 posts (request for administration to correct)

OlegH

Time Elapsed.

(in reply to OlegHasky)
Post #: 9
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/3/2011 6:49:22 PM   
OlegHasky

Hmm.. looks like echo..

My Apos..

Time Elapsed.

(in reply to OlegHasky)
Post #: 10
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/3/2011 8:28:29 PM   
wodin

Haven't a clue what this regeneration thing is....

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to OlegHasky)
Post #: 11
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/3/2011 8:34:08 PM   
OlegHasky

no dubtz you dontz

Time Elapsed.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 12
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/3/2011 8:39:47 PM   
parmenio

I believe he means recovering from the effects of fatigue.

(in reply to OlegHasky)
Post #: 13
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/3/2011 11:30:06 PM   
wodin

quote:

no dubtz you dontz

an explanation would have sufficed......

(in reply to OlegHasky)
Post #: 14
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/15/2011 5:44:27 PM   
sharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

Any updates Dave?

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 15
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/15/2011 10:48:41 PM   
Arjuna

Sorry for the delay...I'm travelling at the moment. Currently Paul and I are rejigging stuff to get the game to compile under MS VS2010. This is taking longer than we would have liked.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to sharper)
Post #: 16
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/22/2011 3:59:11 AM   
Marshal Villars

-Still feel there needs to be an "run to save your life" exception to fatigue in a short term scenarios like these (preventing an infantry unit from getting pinned down in an open field 150 yards shy of cover because they are "fatigued" by incoming artillery). Though this issue (even if it is not fixed) shouldn't prevent anyone from buying the best tactical/operational simulation ever offered to the gaming public.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 17
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/22/2011 11:02:49 AM   
sharper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshal Villars

-Still feel there needs to be an "run to save your life" exception to fatigue in a short term scenarios like these (preventing an infantry unit from getting pinned down in an open field 150 yards shy of cover because they are "fatigued" by incoming artillery). Though this issue (even if it is not fixed) shouldn't prevent anyone from buying the best tactical/operational simulation ever offered to the gaming public.

Could not agree more. This makes the wait for the patch and further projects even more frustrating.

All the best
Stephen

(in reply to Marshal Villars)
Post #: 18
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/26/2011 2:05:32 AM   
bink

Arjuna,

What are the plans for this this game over the next 6 months?

I understand there is a patch coming, but the rewrites you are doing seem major - what impact will this have on the game?

I have also previously seen that there will be additional scenarios - is this still the case? Will these be in addition to those from the Highway to The Reich game?

Which, if any of these scenarios/patches will there be a charge for?

I ask because I am considering purchasing the game, but would rather wait if there is a "Deluxe" version released this year.

Thank you

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 19
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/26/2011 6:26:17 PM   
Wiggum

I too would like to know if there will be something like a "Delux" version of BFTB in the future.

(in reply to bink)
Post #: 20
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/28/2011 10:24:03 AM   
wodin

Apart from the HTTR sceanrios I wouldn't expect anything new for a very long time....thats my feeling anyway...Dave is earning his money with the military at them moment and until that is all done then BftB is a back seater...

(in reply to Wiggum)
Post #: 21
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/28/2011 12:43:43 PM   
ulisin

Apart from the HTTR sceanrios I wouldn't expect anything new for a very long time....

Ok, but the HTTR scenarios?
I love this game, and I need them!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 22
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/28/2011 11:38:53 PM   
Arjuna

The plan at the moment is to get the game compiling under VS2010, then release a second patch for BFTB followed by the HTTR expansion pack ( for which you'll have to pay ). As to a delux version we haven't considered it as yet...not sure it's worth doing.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to ulisin)
Post #: 23
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/29/2011 6:53:55 AM   
bink

quote:

The plan at the moment is to get the game compiling under VS2010, then release a second patch for BFTB followed by the HTTR expansion pack ( for which you'll have to pay ). As to a delux version we haven't considered it as yet...not sure it's worth doing.

Arjuna,

Thanks for your reply. What is the implication of compiling the game under VS2010? Can this potentially introduce new bugs? Will it speed gameplay?

Regarding the expansion, I asked about the potential execution because I have seen Matrix issue updates previously which disadvantage previous purchasers. e.g. World At War was supplanted with World At War: A World Divided, and the only way to get the expansion was to buy the whole game again.

So from what you are saying, if I buy BFTB now, and the expansion later, I will not be disadvantaged? (i.e. if there is a bundle price, the expansion will be discounted to current owners).

Thanks

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 24
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/29/2011 11:28:39 AM   
ulisin

Dear Arjuna,
thanks for your reply

quote:

a second patch for BFTB followed by the HTTR expansion pack ( for which you'll have to pay ).

Ok, thanks, a charge for them seems to me obvious

Please consider, if you can, that short scenarios are very suitable, useful and important for on line gaming, human versus human.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 25
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/30/2011 1:02:15 AM   
Panther Paul

You'll be glad to know that the issues with Visual Studio 2010 has been solved.

We will now be getting on with solving the last few issues we want to fix for the patch.

Paul Scobell
Panther Games Pty Ltd

(in reply to ulisin)
Post #: 26
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/30/2011 1:12:47 AM   
gabeeg

Woo Hoo!

(in reply to Panther Paul)
Post #: 27
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/30/2011 7:05:29 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panther Paul

You'll be glad to know that the issues with Visual Studio 2010 has been solved.

We will now be getting on with solving the last few issues we want to fix for the patch.

Don't speak too soon Paul. I still have an issue on mine.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Panther Paul)
Post #: 28
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 3/30/2011 8:45:42 AM   
gabeeg

Boo Hoo! :(

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 29
RE: Any update on the ETA of new patch? - 4/19/2011 7:01:55 PM   
Antares367

Would it be possible to have an update on the Visual Studio 2010 issues and if progress is continuing on the patch and HTTR Expansion Pack?

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Any update on the ETA of new patch? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI