From: Laramie, Wyoming
Pros for the plan:
1) The major rivers have been crossed, the bridgeheads are fully linked to the rail system, most of the minor rivers (excepting one in the north) run north-south.
2) The infantry in both north and south bridgeheads are strong enough to at least help blow through the initial line of defenses
3) The armor will have full movement
4) At the worst, the Panzers have 2 more turns of refitting before attack - this can help CV
1) Right now is Clear-Mud-Clear phases. Failure to close the pocket firmly, and I mean airtight, means likely no reclosing the next turn in mud. While some would still be pocketed, quite a few would get out. Worst case, spearheads could be cut off for the mud turn.
2) He knows where I will try, he has several good lines of lvl 3 and 4 forts in the way.
3) The panzers are brittle, and will lose CV even faster now in combats. They all might be +50% CV by June, but that is likely too late.
All in all, it seems dicey, but that's what dreams are made of.
"The torment of precautions often exceeds the dangers to be avoided. It is sometimes better to abandon one's self to destiny."
- Call me PDH
- WitE noob tester