Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Defensive combat value in the Swamp

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Defensive combat value in the Swamp Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 6:05:07 PM   
Blind Sniper

Hi,

during my multiplayer game I noticed that a damned Russian unit is still holds all my attacks, that problem is your incredible combat modified value because is about 200 although is encircled (2 turns).

And please, can someone look this thread and give me a more deep explaination how the combat system works?
Is a defensive combat value 4x in clear terrain normal? What are the odds that I have to check before start an attack?

Attachment (1)

Advanced Squad Leader; Grand Tactical Series; Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager; War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Post #: 1
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 6:26:28 PM   
Helpless

Can you attach the save prior the attack please?

< Message edited by Helpless -- 2/23/2011 6:27:12 PM >

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to Blind Sniper)
Post #: 2
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 6:32:18 PM   
Blind Sniper

It is a multiplayer game on Slitherine server, I cannot save the game on my hard disk...I think...

Do you want my account and password?

Advanced Squad Leader; Grand Tactical Series; Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager; War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 6:40:44 PM   
Helpless

I need to know you and your opponent names, scenario name and turn if you have multiple instances of the same scenario with the same opponent.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

Post #: 4
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 6:50:19 PM   
Blind Sniper

Scenario Operation Blue (the only one)

My nickname on server is: BlindSniper (Axis)
my opponent: Vicus (Russian)

10th turn (played today)

Let me know if you need other informations.

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 5
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 7:16:25 PM   
Blind Sniper

Forget: game started with beta 3 and then we made the upgrade to beta 5.

Post #: 6
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 7:55:58 PM   
Helpless

quote:

Forget: game started with beta 3 and then we made the upgrade to beta 5.

I was not able to download the save prior the battle, but just after it. One of the factor making those unit to resist longer is the supplies stock in Krasnodar. So these units do not considered completely out of supply.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

Post #: 7
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 8:27:47 PM   
Blind Sniper

Ok Pavel, but I made 4+ attack against it in two turns, how is possible that this brigade in the swamp (fort 2) can stop my division?
Looking my ammo and fatigue values, they are pretty decent, moreover I never lowered his fort value.

In the next turn I will write you before hit save turn if I get the same resolution.

Forget: thanks

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 8
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 8:44:23 PM   
Helpless

quote:

In the next turn I will write you before hit save turn if I get the same resolution.

It is better to save when you get the turn from your opponent, than if you see any anomalies I can use that save. But of cause this may impact your gameplay, so I'm not insisting.

Btw, with the help from 73rd ID I was able to get that brigade to surrender already in turn 10, just with single attack. But I had to surround the unit before that. Since there is already 3 units in Krasnodar it won't be able to retreat there as well.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

Post #: 9
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/23/2011 8:57:07 PM   
Blind Sniper

quote:

It is better to save when you get the turn from your opponent, than if you see any anomalies I can use that save. But of cause this may impact your gameplay, so I'm not insisting.

No problem, I want to undestand if the problem is mine.

quote:

Btw, with the help from 73rd ID I was able to get that brigade to surrender already in turn 10, just with single attack. But I had to surround the unit before that. Since there is already 3 units in Krasnodar it won't be able to retreat there as well.

Speechless...I tryed two turns in a row...and you have just made an attack...
You have to give me some hints how to do a good call about an imminent combat

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 10
RE: Defensive combat value in the Swamp - 2/24/2011 9:16:04 AM   
Helpless

quote:

You have to give me some hints how to do a good call about an imminent combat

I'm not an expert here, since I "create" (and sometimes "damage") and other guys are busy applying them.

But just some obvious things:

- As said earlier, attacking fortified unit in swamp with hasty attack is not good idea. It is not too good even on June 22 1941.
- Not using the whole HQ chain is not good idea as well (white counters). You may have those "independant" corps and Armies, but you just limiting the chances for your leaders rolls, and this is DECISIVE factor in influencing modified CV. In the future having "unalighned" HQ structure may punish you even more.

For example. I loaded your save and made hasty attack with the fatigued 50th ID on that swamp unit and modified CV was ~13-15. But when I attached Corps to 17th Army modCV went to 30-50.

- Be careful with isolated units located near "big" cities. In your case it is Krasnodar which keeps all those units in supply.

- Try to surround "problematic" unit prior the attack.

As said I was eliminated both brigades near Krasnodar without major problems and losses from Axis side using your save on turn 10.

Attachment (1)

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Defensive combat value in the Swamp Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI