Since the game has been discontinued

Starshatter: The Gathering Storm extends the classic space sim by combining fighter and starship combat in a single dynamic campaign game.
Risbosix

Since the game has been discontinued

Post by Risbosix »

I really wanted to try this game but we can't eve buy any chance someone give me is key so i can make the update :-/?
Risbosix

RE: Since the game has been discontinued

Post by Risbosix »

Ho please, let me try this game [&o]
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Same here...
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

I'd keep an eye out on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/STAR-SHATTER-GATH ... 326&sr=8-1

I was lucky enough to get it when someone put it up for $10 a year or so ago.
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

I might be a little too expensive...
Veloxi

Post by Veloxi »

Well yeah, NOW it is, but keep an eye on it, a cheaper listing will pop up eventually, like it did for me. Or did you not read what I posted? ;)
Plodder

Post by Plodder »

You guys must have not heard the news: Milo, the developer, has released the source code to the community and the game is now open source. You can download the game legally and for free from starshattermods.com.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Oh? really?

I'll look into it...thanks
suldun

Post by suldun »

ORIGINAL: The Plodder

You guys must have not heard the news: Milo, the developer, has released the source code to the community and the game is now open source. You can download the game legally and for free from starshattermods.com.

That link is not functional. any idea when or if it will be back up?
suldun

Post by suldun »

i was lookin for that babylon 5 mod, hold the line. is it hosted any place else?
CaptainRockwellTorry

Post by CaptainRockwellTorry »

Does anyone know what happened to Starshattermods.com? It's been down a couple of weeks now and I can't seem to get out to the sight. I've been a regular member out there for quite awhile and now its gone. Any news would be appreciated, thanks.

CaptainRockwellTorry[&:]
Oops!
Captain Eric Finlander
U.S.S. Bedford DLG 113
Bradd1968

Post by Bradd1968 »

To any and all who are wondering about Starshattermods...

The site owner (wdboyd) has decided that the site has run it's course and has moved on to other pursuits. All small group of modders from the old site myself included are attempting to come up with a replacement for SSMODS where we can mod, but also download new builds of the game as the source code has been released and already a coding group has made some important improvements to the original source code. This project is just in its infancy, but you can at least download a working copy of the game if you are interested. If you would like to be a part of this new community, please email me at

braddw25@comcast.net

and I will keep you appraised of further developments. At this point, rest assured that there will be some form of a new site to pick up where SSMODS left off. We just have to decide what will work best for us. Any interested folks are more than welcome to join our little group hoping to preserve the mod and knowledge base that was accumulated at SSmods.
The E

Post by The E »

O hai. I am The E. I am the current project Leader for Starshatter Open, which is the name I've chosen for the continued development of Starshatter's Engine. Our forum can be found at http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=234.0
You can also find download links for the game and various mods there.
Project Lead, Starshatter Open
Developer, FreeSpace Open
wodin

Post by wodin »

There was an excellent Star Wars mod but it lacked any missions really...I think there was two different version one of them was in HD and would turn even the best systems into a chugging train..the models where superb though..

If someone made some solo missions or even a campaign using that Star Wars mod I'd have been all over it.

Also another issue was the resolution..I could change it in the config ini to my res 1440x900 but then you couldn't change any settings in game then otherwise it would revert back to a lower res. So if you can add some more resolutions that would be excellent.

Return to “Starshatter: The Gathering Storm”