Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best Results

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> The War Room >> Best Results Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best Results - 2/21/2011 12:53:19 AM   
critter

Which do you guys think gets the best results. Artillery bombard then bomb a hex, or vice versa?
Post #: 1
RE: Best Results - 2/21/2011 10:10:34 AM   
Keunert

Artillery first i think. the airstrike result also depend on the type of units you use: heavier stuff in protective terrain and dive bombers in open terrain and vs. tanks.
maybe Vic or Barthheart can come up with some facts?

(in reply to critter)
Post #: 2
RE: Best Results - 2/21/2011 10:33:28 AM   
Barthheart

I'd say planes first:

1. Enemy in fortifications/forts: use level bombers to destroy the forts first. Then attack with artillery to further reduce the units entrenchment and readiness.

2. Enemy in urban/forest/light forest (basically any type of cover hex): again I use level bombers first to reduce the entrenchment level so that the arty can do more unit damage.

3. Enemy unit in the open: Dive bombers are great here against all type of units. Again planes first the reduce entrenchment the arty for damage.

And remember that airstikes are only anbout 50% effective in rainy weather.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 3
RE: Best Results - 11/22/2011 2:13:29 AM   
critter

In Op Sealion. Is it worth it to directly invade an English occuppied port?
I know you take extra losses but are they worth it to occupy a port on turn 1? It seems automatic.

Besides the obvious 5 points is there really a big difference in a 70% HQ rating and a 65%?
Between having a Div or units attached to an Army HQ and a Corps HQ?

Been playing on the more challenging levels. Trying to get ready for PBEM.

< Message edited by critter -- 11/22/2011 10:30:09 PM >

(in reply to critter)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> The War Room >> Best Results Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI