Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DaBabes small campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBabes small campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DaBabes small campaign - 2/18/2011 1:13:08 PM   
LoBaron

I really like to try out how DaBabes plays, but with a stock PBEM running and my limited time
a grand campaign is out of question.
It would be so great if there was a DaBabes mod for a smaller scen like Guadalcanal with a working
AI. Is there such a thing? Or something resembling this?

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!
Post #: 1
RE: DaBabes small campaign - 2/18/2011 2:32:15 PM   
mikkey

+1 for DaBabes Guadalcanal campaign

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 2
RE: DaBabes small campaign - 2/18/2011 6:13:11 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron
I really like to try out how DaBabes plays, but with a stock PBEM running and my limited time
a grand campaign is out of question.
It would be so great if there was a DaBabes mod for a smaller scen like Guadalcanal with a working
AI. Is there such a thing? Or something resembling this?

No, unfortunately, there is not. The way the AI got wrote for AE is it depends on Andy's scripts. If we was to do a smaller scen based on DaBabes, Andy would have to do a specific set of AI files just for that scen. Not goodnik; he's too much into his own Ironman stuff.

We've done a smaller scenario (the Japanese DEI advance), but it is h2h or PBEM only. We could do others, but they would be the same - h2h or PBEM only.

Home of DaBabes

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 3
RE: DaBabes small campaign - 2/18/2011 8:31:34 PM   
Andy Mac

Depends on the size of scenario really an AI for something like Aleutians sized scen you can knock up in a day so thats doable if someone else does the scenario.

I havent even looked at the DEI scen from the point of view of doing a from scratch AI for it largely because it was stated up front it was H2H only so although I have had a play of it I never really looked at the AI

Basicaly the more time and geography the Ai has to cover the more complex it gets.

Simple semi linear scenarios are easy to do AI's for writing the scneario is what takes the time

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 4
RE: DaBabes small campaign - 2/20/2011 5:47:16 PM   
LoBaron

JWE, Andy, I understand. Once I will try out DaBabes but not as long as the current PBEM is running.
I consider it a sensational piece of work from what I am reading.

And JWE thanks for posing the DEI scenario! Very tempted to have a look at it even wihtout working AI. Anybody played chess against himself lately?

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> DaBabes small campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI