Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Jock Revival

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Jock Revival Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jock Revival - 2/18/2011 2:17:32 AM   
Fornax

There are a number of difficulties with the current model of cloning used for the bringing back of dead jocks. Three issues that come to mind are:

1. It's not clear how the clone obtains the knowledge and skills of the original jock.
2. If one clone can be made of a highly valued jock, then why can't two or three be purchased to populate the team?
3. If a team has enough money, there's absolutely no chance of permanently losing an important jock.

I would like to propose an alternative scheme that solves all three of these problems. The key idea behind this scheme is to change the method from cloning to revival. There are different revival methods used for the different races, all of which are very intensive and expensive to perform:

Humans & Replicants

In the futuristic setting that Titans of Steel takes place in, advanced medical techniques exist that can literally bring a human back from the dead. It requires that the subject be either freshly deceased or kept in a preserved state, which is normally accomplished by placing the deceased into a cryogenic preservation capsule.

Androids

Technology has provided sufficiently advanced diagnostic and repair tools to reconstruct all disrupted systems within a heavily damaged/deactivated android.

Cyborgs

The revival of a cyborg incorporates both of the above techniques.

Cryogenic Preservation

As part of the terms for participating in arena combat matches all human, replicant, and cyborg jocks are provided cryogenic preservation by the government of their respective faction.

Now here's the best part: if a jock is in a titan that explodes they are physically obliterated and cannot be revived. They are destroyed. As much as I like to keep my hero jocks alive, I think it adds much spice to the game to know that in every match there is a small chance they will be lost forever.
Post #: 1
RE: Jock Revival - 3/29/2011 5:42:43 PM   
Ghstbear

I agree the element of danger has left. At the very least there should be bragging right for not cloning or reviving. A real hero!

(in reply to Fornax)
Post #: 2
RE: Jock Revival - 6/3/2011 11:03:33 AM   
LarkinVB

While playing yesterday with my friend, I found a crash bug while fleeing the battlefield. I will fix it and add that obliterated jocks can not be cloned with the next release.

(in reply to Ghstbear)
Post #: 3
RE: Jock Revival - 6/9/2011 3:28:50 PM   
sabre1

Thank You...

(in reply to LarkinVB)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Jock Revival Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI