Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Modding advice/help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Modding advice/help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Modding advice/help - 2/14/2011 6:38:58 PM   
Buck Beach

Well here I am trying to get cute with the game again.

As mentioned here before I am finding a lot of new Japanese merchant ships that I am including in my mod. Many of the ships were built outside and purchased by Japan prior to the war. I have sources showing the basic stats of these ships and for the most part I think the hulls are already included in the game as Allied merchants (at least as far as I can guesstimate I am no expert here).

I am setting up new classes using the Allied classes and calling them Marus. Examples: Euro; Lake; Pacific; etc Marus. I am trying to rearm them with Japanese weapons according to some other sources I have, but most specs I am leaving as in the original ship classes (speed capacities, etc). I have taken the Allied bit maps, rotated them horizontally and renaming them as Japanese Sides and Shils using the same numbers. Seems to work fine with the pointer of Nationality distinguishing the difference between, say, AnSide0414 and a JnSide0414.

Anyways, What I would like are any opinions or advice from anyone relating to this strategy and or pitfalls I may have overlooked.

Buck
Post #: 1
RE: Modding advice/help - 2/21/2011 5:29:35 PM   
Terminus

Nothing wrong with this approach. As long as you remember to shift all the data around correctly, there should be no problems.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 2
RE: Modding advice/help - 2/21/2011 6:44:00 PM   
Shark7

Seems fine to me.

Also, one thing I did, which you can take it or leave it, is to place the Japanese Hospital Ships in as AP types. While they had the hospital equipment and were registered internationally as hospital ships, the Japanese were sneaky about it, actually using them to move supplies and men knowing the Allies would not attack a clearly marked hospital ship. Devious, underhanded and completely historical...and the game completely ignores the hospital markings, so no real advantage other than a few medium sized transports extra.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: Modding advice/help - 2/21/2011 11:37:24 PM   
Buck Beach

Thanks guys

Buck

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Modding advice/help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI