Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Avoiding AI firing MG´s against armoured targets?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Avoiding AI firing MG´s against armoured targets? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Avoiding AI firing MG´s against armoured targets? - 2/14/2011 2:56:08 PM   
Deadmoon

Despite its age SPWaW is still one of the greatest tactical games but there´s something that slows gameplay and it´s the fact that the AI fire MG´s and even small arms against armour it have no chance of penetrating.

This makes each turn resolution a pain because you had to wait many minutes watching AI firing rifles against AFV´s over and over again. Each hex you move an AFV...bang! dozens of rifles firing and bouncing harmessly.

Apart for decreasing the message delays...is there any way to prevent this? It makes some scenarios nearly unplayable, i don´t like to wait 15 minutes for each enemy turn...

Thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: Avoiding AI firing MG´s against armoured targets? - 2/14/2011 4:04:34 PM   
planner 3

Deadmoon: Have you tried adjusting the Spec oP fire (for second player: ie AI) in the preference screen ? That may help.

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to Deadmoon)
Post #: 2
RE: Avoiding AI firing MG´s against armoured targets? - 2/15/2011 12:41:07 PM   
Gloo

As painful as it may be in-game, don't forget small arms saturation fire on AFV had been historically used, with some relatively positive results. Though, as implemented in SP I agree it's sometimes a PINTA.

{:]]

"One ring to find them all..."

(in reply to Deadmoon)
Post #: 3
RE: Avoiding AI firing MG´s against armoured targets? - 2/15/2011 5:09:00 PM   
FreddieClark

Historically (As gloo says) Small arms fire against armoured vehicles was often the norm. Think about it, you have a garand or a SMLE, thats it, do you run, do you hunker down, or do you say F*ck it and start banging away. I can relate one factual incident, My uncle Jack Stamp was caught in Knightsbridge box as they were being overrun, He was in the 201 guards brigade, his account was that every time a german/italian tank appeared they would fire everything they had. On occasion concentrated small arms fire did make the attacking AFV change course (probably because they feared being attacked by infantry who may have weapons that would immobilise or destry the tank if they could get close enough). While small arms fire probably never stopped a tank, it probably gave a little 'moral fortitude' to those on the receiving end.

cheers

(in reply to Gloo)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Avoiding AI firing MG´s against armoured targets? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI