New rules, improved graphics, sharper AI and plenty more coming in this massive update
Matrix Games and the TOAD Team are thrilled to announce that a new mega-update for The Operational Art of War III is now available. The comprehensive 126.96.36.199 update comes with pages upon pages of improvements, new features, and fixes. Here is just a small overview of the many improvements found in the update:
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said ďThis update includes so many significant and exciting improvements to The Operational Art of War III, itís practically a new release! The TOAD team has put so much extra detail and shine into this classic wargame with this update that thereís never been a better time to jump on board and try your hand at the premiere simulation of operational warfare! Ē
- New turn order rules to equalize the sequence of events and phases for both players. The original turn structure is still available as well.
- A brand new and improved supply system that is much more detailed and realistic than the old system. The original supply system is still available as well.
- New rules to address gamey ďant unitĒ tactics such as a new system called the Assault Ratio which makes the Attacker Assault Strength value much more realistic.
- Over 50 new community-created scenarios.
- Almost a dozen significant changes to the combat model.
- 40 user interface improvements and optimizations.
- Several graphical enhancements including alternate place name fonts and bitmaps that will scale with zoom level.
- Improved customization and editor functionality Ė now XML files can be used wherever DLL files are used and more graphical mods are now supported.
- Improved AI.
- More and improved language support.
- Better cheat prevention.
- Many bug fixes.
- Plenty more!
Norm Kogerís The Operational Art of War is a legendary title among wargamers. A masterpiece of flexible design, it allows you to play and create any battle from the entire 20th Century of warfare and up to the modern day. Now, Matrix Games together with Norm Koger and a new design team bring you the definitive release of this unsurpassed operational wargame Ė The Operational Art of War III.
The Operational Art of War III sets a new benchmark in operational wargaming. Step up to the challenge - Master the Art of War!
Get the update here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of Norm Kogerís The Operational Art of War III to version 188.8.131.52. Get more information on Norm Kogerís The Operational Art of War III from its official product page.
Also be sure to check out the fresh batch of screenshots now up on the product page to show off the new graphical and interface enhancements!
< Message edited by SeanD -- 2/13/2011 7:04:58 PM >
Sean Drummy Marketing and Press Relations Manager