Cmon Man

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

morganbj

Cmon Man

Post by morganbj »

Stealing a title of a funny bit used by ESPN sportcasters on the Monday Night countdown show, I present a fantastic effort of Soviet military prowess. Below is a screeshot of the areas SW of Stalino at the end of Turn 39.

Attachments
Before.jpg
Before.jpg (378.84 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
morganbj

RE: Cmon Man

Post by morganbj »

And after the Soviet turn, here is the beginning of turn 40. Where, oh where, have all the soviets gone? They're nowhere to be fond. They didn't sail away. They didn't march away (they're not anywhere south of Rostov). No, they teleported to critical places on the map. C'mon Man! All that planning to pull the guys to the west of Stalino so I could trap them, and poof! Away!

Sorry, I'm a little sarcastic, but I know this is WAD, and it's disappointing that it is.

Attachments
After.jpg
After.jpg (372.76 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
heliodorus04

Post by heliodorus04 »

How the heck did they evacuate? By sea?
Fall 2021-Playing: Stalingrad'42 (GMT); Advanced Squad Leader,
Reading: Masters of the Air (GREAT BOOK!)
Rulebooks: ASL (always ASL), Middle-Earth Strategy Battle Game
Painting: WHFB Lizardmen leaders
pompack

Post by pompack »

There was a bug-squash/enhancement in either 03B1 or 03B2 that prevents that from occuring
cookie monster

Post by cookie monster »

Load up the latest beta. Re-run the turn and tell us if it made a difference.
jomni

Post by jomni »

From my experience playing the Russians, I know that a human player can't pull that off.
Glad to know that the patch addresses it.  I'm waiting for the official version of the patch to be released.
Ketza

Post by Ketza »

500,000 Scotty beam me ups....
Tarhunnas

Post by Tarhunnas »

That has never happened to me! And I have done almost the same encirclement. Have you done any reece? Could it be that many of them are still there but unspotted at the time you took the screenshot?
------------------------------
RTW3 Designer
Muzrub

Post by Muzrub »

I've seen this before- experienced it myself one day while driving my Panzers around the Steppes.

Just when you think you've got all the snakes in a can- BOOM! Their out again.

...by magic too.

I wish I had a screen shot of it though- the biggest bag of Russians a man has ever had- or ever will...

And BOOM!
Adieu to you General Muzrub, adieu[:(] 
And the Russians were gone...
Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
You better watch out,
There may be dogs about
I've looked over Iraq, and i have seen
Things are not what they seem.

Matrix Axis of Evil
Swenslim

Post by Swenslim »

CROATON
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

ORIGINAL: Tarhunnas

That has never happened to me! And I have done almost the same encirclement. Have you done any reece? Could it be that many of them are still there but unspotted at the time you took the screenshot?
I have FOW turned off. I can see everything. The next turn I moved through the area and there were no units there. Trust me -- they just beamed away to more critical parts of the front.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Would be worth running the turn again with the latest patch so that we can see if in fact the bad warping behavior was fixed (we think it is).
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”