Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Few questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Few questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Few questions - 2/5/2011 10:26:38 AM   
Joubarbe

Hi,

First, thank you for bringing so much editors. I wish I could see that more often in other games.

1/ Is it possible to change / create the "icon with picture symbol" and "icon with military symbol" of new forces ?
2/ Is it possible to force units to go into melee ? (and have various "melee strength")
3/ In fact, my goal is to know if with the estab editor, I could bring the game into another period ? (but I guess it's impossible to make melee weapon)

Thanks !

(4/ And is there a way to add new ranks, are modify the existing ones ?)

< Message edited by Joubarbe -- 2/5/2011 10:39:16 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Few questions - 2/5/2011 4:48:37 PM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joubarbe

my goal is to know if with the estab editor, I could bring the game into another period ? (but I guess it's impossible to make melee weapon)

Hi Joubarbe, and welcome to the fourm!

The problem with adapting this game to another era, or even theater, is that the units have been coded to interact with friendlies and enemies based on the doctrine of the Germans and Western powers. While you can create and make all sorts of changes to weapons and units, they are still going to behave like parts of a battalion on the Western or Med fronts in WW2. Because of this, doing the Seven-Years War, for instance, is pretty much out of the question.

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to Joubarbe)
Post #: 2
RE: Few questions - 2/5/2011 6:02:48 PM   
Joubarbe

Yes but I was thinking of Indochine, and fictional scenarios (with melee weapons if possible). This may be not realistic, but functional no ?

Thank you for your answer anyway :)

(and the fourth question has been answered - by simply edit the .xml file)

< Message edited by Joubarbe -- 2/5/2011 6:31:56 PM >

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 3
RE: Few questions - 2/7/2011 10:02:20 AM   
Joubarbe

Can someone please answer my other questions :) ? (1 and 2)

(in reply to Joubarbe)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Few questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI