Hi! I would like to buy 4 games

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

CavLancer

Hi! I would like to buy 4 games

Post by CavLancer »

I'm having some trouble. I won't use a credit card online and am out of the US at the moment. I wish the games shipped to my home in the US though. So I called the order # 952 646 5257 and spoke to Marvin. It took a long time yesterday before he said he could not find the first game, The Operational Art of War III, and the second game,World War One Gold, and I should call back another time the website was down. So I called back today and asked if I could order again, but no luck. Let me just add that I'm using a cell phone with $25 worth of load I bought specifically for this purpose, about half remains. That's okay, I don't mind, but I would like to order your products. I can't find a Matrix email and the support page has no way to contact Matrix in private so I've resorted to putting the problem here in the forum.

The games are...

The Operational Art of War III
World War One Gold
War in the East
Empires in Arms

Please instruct me what I should do.

Thank you for producing these games. After years of being away from wargaming I was amazed and excited to find that these were once again being produced.

Please don't close this thread until I have another way to contact someone online.

I have a Mastercard credit card in hand. Help!
CavLancer

RE: Hi! I would like to buy 4 games

Post by CavLancer »

I should add that if I could Email Marvin and work through it with him at his pace that would be okay.

Btw when I described my cell phone load situation with him he asked that I call Matrix direct and gave me the very same # I had used to get in contact with him... 952 646 5257.
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

If you wish to contact me privately I post regularly at WePlayCiv, my name there is Lancer. Just send a PM.

I've started a discussion there in 'Other Games' that likely has gotten Matrix some orders already, though I don't know how they managed it.
parusski

Post by parusski »

OK. So was Marvin looking in the West Coast or East Coast warehouse? Did he say? What country are you in?
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

I'm in the Philippines but I don't trust the mail here so I have stuff delivered to my place in the US and shipped via a shipper, LBC, from there.

I don't know what Marvin was doing, sorry.

Are you employed by Matrix sir?
parusski

Post by parusski »

[8|]

So what is your proposal? Do you want someone here to call your cell phone number(limited minutes of course)? Or do you want someone to order for you using their own credit card? OR are you going to give your credit card number to the person who calls you??
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

I would like to order some games using my credit card.

I could call back Marvin if someone would instruct him how to order games. He does answer the order line after all.

I'm quite serious, not trying to do anything wrong, break any rules, disrespect anyone, I just want to order the games mentioned and pay for them myself.

I know there's a lot of stuff that goes on at these sites, no new person can really be trusted. So, if there's any doubt just contact me at WePlayCiv where I'm a long time member in good standing, even regularly contribute to support the site. Name there is 'Lancer' It was taken here.

Or contact one of the site owners there, Dale, and ask him about me. He's listed there as an administrator.
Terl

Post by Terl »

So, you are willing to give your credit card number to a man named Marvin over the phone but unwilling to order via the internet and give the same credit card number over a secure connection? Sorry, I just do not understand why. If you don't want to use your own credit card get a prepaid card for the total and order on line. Much easier than the cell phone to Marvin in my opinion.
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

Here is the discussion in the 'Other Games' forum where we are talking about Matrix games. One of the guys has bought War in the East since I mentioned Matrix in the discussion, another is planning on it.

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthr ... -otherwise....
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

Yes I can see there's a problem with my plan here Terl, it wasn't very well thought out. I would like to call the order line and order the games. Perhaps someone at Matrix could have a chat with Marvin about ordering?

Just reread your post, yes I feel more confident calling the Matrix line and giving my # to Marvin.
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Just go to the store and enter you CC# info there. You can have the game shipped where ever you want. You can also download the games right away and have the actual game shipped to what ever address you want.

That is what we all do. It is secure and usually very painless
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

Eh, I want to use the order line, thanks though 2ACR.

Were you at 73 Easting?
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

Yes, long time ago. Okay, since you were new, thought I would make sure you knew it was safe to do it that way.

2/2 Cav all the way

P.S. Check your inbox, upper right corner.
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

Yup, I was in Bamberg and Hof, 2/2.

Sadly my memories of the time have gone with my long term memory, health related. I do recall it wasn't all good, gang troubles... Just after Vietnam in '75.

Got your PM, thanks. Clicked 'reply' and it wouldn't let me type anything, sorry. Not much luck here on Matrix forums.

Always Ready!

2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

What troop?
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

I would have to look at my old mail, its all at my house in Oregon. Listen, I'm new here so I know what I say won't be taken at face value, don't worry about it.

Trying to recall the name of the barracks...

Know I got thrown out of a disco called the Butterfly for hitting on the DJ's gf, that I can recall. :D
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

LOL

I was a Green Goose type. I can't remember the name either. Nah, not worried about it and not doubting you. I can't remember the Squadron Commander either, but we called him "Rat 6"
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

So you were in Bamberg and Hof? I think the 2 ACR is/was down in Polk recently, God help em.
2ndACR

Post by 2ndACR »

They are back in Germany now.......They are a Stryker Brigade. They were at Polk.

Yep. Bamberg........our border camp was Coburg.

I remember a bunch of fights versus 6/6 Infantry and some with 7/6 Infantry
CavLancer

Post by CavLancer »

Huh, that must have changed. In '75 the border camp was Hof. The girls there all had a bf in every troop that rotated through. I thnk the DJ's gf wanted in on some of that action...;)

The fights back then were within the troop, race gang stuff.

Return to “General Discussion”