Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Corps HQ placement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Corps HQ placement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Corps HQ placement - 1/23/2011 3:29:13 PM   
MilRevKo

I have read the rules and I am plaing my 3rd attempt against the AI to learn the system. I believe that for combat an HQ must be 5 hexes away on offence and 6 for defence(to be in HQ support range). I try to keep my corps hqs on rail hexes and as close to the rail head and with in the 5 or 6 hexes mentioned above.

Is this SOP for most players?

Also, I try to keep the Army HQ with in 15 hexes of corps hqs and also as close to the rail heads as possible.

IS there a general rule of thumb for the Air HQs and the air units? I have been keeping the Air hqs back behind the lines on rail hexes with the air units next to the hqs but not on rail. So far I have not read anything that would be less than optimal for thier resupply

THX in advance

Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus
Post #: 1
RE: Corps HQ placement - 1/23/2011 4:06:06 PM   
CarnageINC

For offensive conditions I would always keep your HQ as close and as safely to your front lines as possible to provide support if your forces advance beyond the 5 hex capability it offers.  Every thing else your saying sounds okay to me, except when the mud hits you want your HQ's closer to provide supply.

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 2
RE: Corps HQ placement - 1/23/2011 4:37:40 PM   
MilRevKo

Yes, thanks

I mud what do you suggest?

Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes -Publilius Syrus

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 3
RE: Corps HQ placement - 1/23/2011 7:12:46 PM   
2ndACR

In mud, right on your combat units back side. I mean right there if not on the front line.

(in reply to MilRevKo)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Corps HQ placement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI