Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New customer here

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> New customer here Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New customer here - 1/23/2011 6:27:51 AM   
David Clark

Hi everyone.

I just purchased the game, and I wanted to let Matrix know that the reason I finally pushed BUY (after weeks of lurking on the forum). The level of post-release support you've shown this title has been terrific - I feel confident that you're monitoring the customer feedback posted here, and that you'll deal with any technical issues as they arise.

The product got me interested, but only the post-release support made me comfortable enough to spend the money. Thank you.

David Clark
Post #: 1
RE: New customer here - 1/23/2011 7:29:23 AM   
abulbulian

You won't regret your purchase. The developers behind this game have always put out quality games even back in the days when Gary and Joel were at SSI. You can expect any issue that the game might experience to be fixed promptly in patches. It's been everything I expected and more. Sure there is some tweaking to do with play balance and some minor bugs, but that is normal for a game of this magnitude and scale. Also, this forum is very active with knowledge people that will offer prompt assistance to any of your queries.

(in reply to David Clark)
Post #: 2
RE: New customer here - 1/23/2011 8:14:25 AM   
starbuck310

welcome and second the above.

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 3
RE: New customer here - 1/23/2011 11:14:31 AM   
Kid

Welcome to the boards. They are a great source of game information and resources. This is a great comunity.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and currently testing War in the East.

(in reply to starbuck310)
Post #: 4
RE: New customer here - 1/28/2011 9:50:47 PM   
RobWorham

Just purchased WitE too!

I've been lurking since the New Year and I've been following along with the forums.

Downloading as I type...... (83%)

One question. Can anyone recommend some good 'overall view' books on the Eastern Front, so I can brush up on my research. I've tried searching the forums, but with little success.....

Cheers!

(in reply to Kid)
Post #: 5
RE: New customer here - 1/28/2011 9:57:29 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobWorham

Just purchased WitE too!

I've been lurking since the New Year and I've been following along with the forums.

Downloading as I type...... (83%)

One question. Can anyone recommend some good 'overall view' books on the Eastern Front, so I can brush up on my research. I've tried searching the forums, but with little success.....

Cheers!

There is a reason you had no luck using the search function-it does not really exist. I don't mean there is no 'search' button to select, there is, but it has never worked. No need to quibble over why SEARCH DOES NOT work. I prefer the great guys a Matrix focus on the important stuff--giving us great games like WitE.

Try this for Eastern Front books:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2677115

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to RobWorham)
Post #: 6
RE: New customer here - 1/28/2011 10:05:44 PM   
RobWorham

Excellent and thank you!

I've never been great at using the search functions of any of the forums I frequent, and couldn't find the needle by manually searching through the forum - kept getting sidetracked by all the excellent threads! ;)

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 7
RE: New customer here - 1/28/2011 11:09:05 PM   
parusski

Oh I know what you mean about getting side tracked. I always intend to visit the Matrix forums for a specific game(currently WitE), but end up reading everything else-even spambot posts.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to RobWorham)
Post #: 8
RE: New customer here - 1/29/2011 2:38:13 AM   
2ndACR

Welcome Aboard and say good bye to any life outside this and work. I am about to wear out my check email button looking for my next turn.

Any questions, just ask and we will try to answer.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 9
RE: New customer here - 1/29/2011 3:03:43 AM   
Blond_Knight

I just broke down and bought this today myself. Ive played the tutorial three times tonight as the Germans and I notice that the AI seems much more aggressive when FOW is turned on.
And so the the learning has begun. :)

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 10
RE: New customer here - 1/29/2011 5:40:00 AM   
E

quote:

ORIGINAL: abulbulian

The developers behind this game have always put out quality games even back in the days when Gary and Joel were at SSI.

Who?

Attachment (1)

("Looser" is the opposite of "tighter")

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> New customer here Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI