Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Time of Fury is announced. A brand new wargaming multiplayer experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Time of Fury is announced. A brand new wargaming multiplayer experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Time of Fury is announced. A brand new wargaming multip... - 1/17/2011 3:52:53 PM   
SeanD

The Definitive WWII Wargame Is Coming In Spring

It was the time of defiance, the time of life and faith, the time of wrath. It was the time of men against men, nation against nation. It was the time of planning and strategy against anger and rage. A Time of Fury.

In World War II every single aspect of war was crucial: from troop movements to supply, from logistics to diplomacy, from innovation to careful use of terrain. Many games have tried to replicate the depth and complexity of this global conflict and only a few have managed to give an all around experience to players.

Today Slitherine and Wastelands Interactive are proud to announce a new game that will truly replicate all these aspects. The developers of the highly successful Time of Wrath are back to the European theater of war with an ambitious project that will allow players to truly experience what it was to be a decision maker of the period.

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

“We are proud to have signed this ambitious yet challenging and exciting project”, said Iain McNeil, Development Director of Slitherine. “There aren’t too many developers around that are able to deliver such high quality titles whilst keeping an eye to an ever developing market and Wastelands is one of these for sure”.

Beta testers for Time of Fury are currently being recruited at Slitherine’s main site at the following link: http://slitherine.com/beta_test/time_of_fury.

Leszek Lisowski , Leader Designer at Wasteland Interactive said: “We are very excited about the ability to work with world leading publisher of strategy games. This gives us the opportunity to deliver this easy to learn and hard to master title to all those who value a deep historical setting and accessible gameplay combined with the possibility to modify almost every aspect of the game”.

The game will be available in spring on Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) sites. For more information about the game, check out the official product page: http://slitherine.com/time_of_fury

< Message edited by SeanD -- 1/17/2011 3:54:12 PM >

Sean Drummy

Marketing and Press Relations Manager
Post #: 1
RE: Time of Fury is announced. A brand new wargaming mu... - 1/27/2011 9:18:52 PM   
kyle8

I liked time of wrath but found it to be buggy and unstable. In the early war the AI was fairly challenging, but the further you went the more stupid it became. In what ways will this be an improvement over Time or Wrath? I would especially like a more agressive AI and better diplomatic options to produce some of those "what if" scenarios. Will it cover a bit more of the world than just Europe/N Africa? Can I automate certain functions?

Best would be to bea able to give standing orders to units so that they execute automatically when something occures.

(in reply to SeanD)
Post #: 2
RE: Time of Fury is announced. A brand new wargaming mu... - 1/28/2011 8:03:52 PM   
doomtrader

First of all, stability is our priority we are doing our best to make the game as stable as possible, could you please tell me is the Time of Wrath 1.81 as unstable, as it was at the initial release?

We are trying to teach the AI to act as smart and aggressive as it is possible with the potential the AI has got.

Couple of new things:
- New User interface that is much more user friendly and accessible
- Improved map terrain for better representation of the real terrain conditions
- Railroads system that affects logistic
- Naval units controlled on the main map
- Control over naval units during naval battle
- Country specific settings which made each country unique among others
- We have also spent a lot of time improving AI to act and react better

(in reply to kyle8)
Post #: 3
RE: Time of Fury is announced. A brand new wargaming mu... - 2/19/2011 11:17:17 AM   
doomtrader

If you didn't spotted it yet, there is a new forum opened for Time of Fury:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=927
You will find there most important information about the game, also you are more than welcome to post your questions, opinions, ideas, and concerns.

See you there soon.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Time of Fury is announced. A brand new wargaming multiplayer experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI