Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resources deposit actually grow?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Resources deposit actually grow? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/16/2011 5:15:33 PM   
new_bee

While reading forum, i found that everyone think that percent associated with a resource is the rate at which that resource are mining. But, i found that it is actually the grow rate of a resource. I've start a new game, edit my home-world planet set every resource to 1k (min amount allowed) and set % at 10, and for 1 res at 100%. Running game at 4x speed 4 a while. And then check resources deposit on planet, as i expect it grow, and resource set at 100% grow ten time faster than 10%.
Don't be confusing, i talk about not my res stock, but res deposits on planet.

So what the point with that resource market price? I've never see them grow, except for a fuel. The only way to raise a market price is to cheat with editor at start - adding some $ and set to build a few hundred destroyers.
Post #: 1
RE: Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/16/2011 5:41:23 PM   
Data

not really sure if this is the case, first because some analysis was done a while back that confirmed the % on the planet resource to be actually related to the mining rate and it was also confirmed by Elliot at some point I think
also, the % grows only for luxury resources not strategic ones....if you're assumption was correct, it should grow for strategic ones as well

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to new_bee)
Post #: 2
RE: Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/16/2011 6:07:19 PM   
new_bee

well. here is the screen:

-

-

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/17/2011 7:49:08 AM   
elanaahova

Perhaps i am confused, but I do not think the planetary (mining) rate "xx% has anything to do with the prices of resources in the galactic market. I think the market prices have to do with supply and demand, if there is lots of a resource out there... the price won't go up, etc. I think you are mixing two different things together in a manner that DW is not actually modeling.

Please help me understand: explain, in more detail, just what it is you mean, resource growth, and not the percent of the mining in that time period which will be that item?

(in reply to new_bee)
Post #: 4
RE: Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/17/2011 11:29:05 AM   
BigWolf

Prices are purely determined by supply and demand
However, you will find most strategic resources are quite plentiful anyway, and will only go up in price if there is a huge demand

But nice observation with the %

Formally known as DeadZone

(in reply to elanaahova)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Resources deposit actually grow? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI