Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resources deposit actually grow?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Resources deposit actually grow? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/16/2011 5:15:33 PM   
new_bee

While reading forum, i found that everyone think that percent associated with a resource is the rate at which that resource are mining. But, i found that it is actually the grow rate of a resource. I've start a new game, edit my home-world planet set every resource to 1k (min amount allowed) and set % at 10, and for 1 res at 100%. Running game at 4x speed 4 a while. And then check resources deposit on planet, as i expect it grow, and resource set at 100% grow ten time faster than 10%.
Don't be confusing, i talk about not my res stock, but res deposits on planet.

So what the point with that resource market price? I've never see them grow, except for a fuel. The only way to raise a market price is to cheat with editor at start - adding some $ and set to build a few hundred destroyers.
Post #: 1
RE: Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/16/2011 5:41:23 PM   
Data

not really sure if this is the case, first because some analysis was done a while back that confirmed the % on the planet resource to be actually related to the mining rate and it was also confirmed by Elliot at some point I think
also, the % grows only for luxury resources not strategic ones....if you're assumption was correct, it should grow for strategic ones as well

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to new_bee)
Post #: 2
RE: Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/16/2011 6:07:19 PM   
new_bee

well. here is the screen:

-

-

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/17/2011 7:49:08 AM   
elanaahova

Perhaps i am confused, but I do not think the planetary (mining) rate "xx% has anything to do with the prices of resources in the galactic market. I think the market prices have to do with supply and demand, if there is lots of a resource out there... the price won't go up, etc. I think you are mixing two different things together in a manner that DW is not actually modeling.

Please help me understand: explain, in more detail, just what it is you mean, resource growth, and not the percent of the mining in that time period which will be that item?

(in reply to new_bee)
Post #: 4
RE: Resources deposit actually grow? - 1/17/2011 11:29:05 AM   
BigWolf

Prices are purely determined by supply and demand
However, you will find most strategic resources are quite plentiful anyway, and will only go up in price if there is a huge demand

But nice observation with the %

Formally known as DeadZone

(in reply to elanaahova)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> The War Room >> Resources deposit actually grow? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI