Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Price shock

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Price shock Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Price shock - 1/15/2011 9:14:30 PM   
MikeBrough

I've just picked up a copy of Beevor's D-Day in a charity shop (hardback, perfect condition, £1.50) and I thought I'd pick up a wargame to match. Then I saw the price - £34 for a 7 year-old game?????

Think I'll stick to my copy of TOAW for now.

Mike Brough
Proud to be an Arab

Be sceptical of the things you believe are false; be very sceptical of the things you believe are true.
Post #: 1
RE: Price shock - 3/6/2012 2:00:34 AM   
jjdenver

It's much better than TOAW imo. I think it's still worth the price myself, but it's turn based so if you don't like turn based it won't be your cup of tea. I played a PBEM game of the campaign last year, was great fun. There are also some user-created scenarios over at ssg's forum. Be sure to patch it and get those scenarios if you ever pick it up.

AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1735661

(in reply to MikeBrough)
Post #: 2
RE: Price shock - 8/25/2012 12:57:28 AM   
Wolfe

Was thinking about buying it myself.

But at £40 (including the VAT which Matrix forgets to mention as part of the sticker price) for what is now an 8 year old game with no apparent support (e.g. the most recent question on the tech support forum from 2009 is still awaiting a reply) I think not.

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 3
RE: Price shock - 11/27/2012 3:43:45 AM   
bairdlander

Im getting this.Its on sale now half price,but if it was not, there is no way I would purchase.its $17 cdn now.Which is still pretty high for a 9 year old title.

(in reply to Wolfe)
Post #: 4
RE: Price shock - 11/27/2012 3:57:48 AM   
bairdlander

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wolfe

Was thinking about buying it myself.

But at £40 (including the VAT which Matrix forgets to mention as part of the sticker price) for what is now an 8 year old game with no apparent support (e.g. the most recent question on the tech support forum from 2009 is still awaiting a reply) I think not.

Thats how they are,they want an outrageous price,yet no support.

(in reply to Wolfe)
Post #: 5
RE: Price shock - 11/27/2012 1:27:18 PM   
SapperAstro

$17 canadian? Why so bloody cheap for you lot? This game, including Battlefront etc are still $34 Australian.

I love the games Matrix publishes, but I don't think I will ever stop hating their pricing system; it really makes bugger all sense.

As for SSG...yes, they really haven't been stellar in support of their games for a number of years now, not to mention pulling an all round houdini and vanishing off the planet. And they do charge like wounded bulls.

Good games though, I give them that.

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> Price shock Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI