Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager will be launching on SteamCome and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

kamikaze losses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> kamikaze losses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
kamikaze losses - 1/13/2011 1:03:44 AM   
jcjordan

How would kamikaze losses show in the a/c losses table, as ops losses? I'm just wondering since I'm starting to get them in my game vs AI so as to figure out losses vs effectiveness. Also if a kamikaze flies on a mission but doesn't hit anything nor shot down, is it lost or does it return to base to be available for the next time?
Post #: 1
RE: kamikaze losses - 1/13/2011 4:09:47 AM   
ckk

Good questions

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 2
RE: kamikaze losses - 1/13/2011 1:47:31 PM   
michaelm

Ops loss from memory if not otherwise shot down.

If the kamikaze aborts its mission, then usually it will return to base.
If it fails in its attack, though, it is still lost.

Michael

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 3
RE: kamikaze losses - 1/13/2011 11:27:52 PM   
jcjordan

Thanks Michael. The only thing I think strange from the couple of successful attacks that have happened is that there're more kamikaze hits on ships than kamikaze planes involved. The only thing I can think of why is that the a/c bomb loadout is showing extra kamikaze hits. I had one attack where 3 Betty's came in but I had 6 ships have kamikaze hits. I'll watch this more closely to see what I see unless someone already has due to the limited # of raids experienced so far.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
RE: kamikaze losses - 1/14/2011 8:13:32 AM   
Nemo121

Kamikazes show up in 3 colums, depending on what their fate is:

A2a - if show down by CAP
FlAK - If those down by final defensive fires.
OPS - If they hit the target they are shown as ops losses.

As to there being more hits than planes... Hmm, I've had several thousand kami sorties in testing and in-game and I've NEVER seen more hits than planes. My hit rate is hovering around 30% or so

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 5
RE: kamikaze losses - 1/14/2011 11:31:12 PM   
jcjordan

Thanks for the info on breakdown of losses. It might've just been a FOW type thing or a/c bombing then executing a kamikaze run & any hit shows as a kamikaze hit but it's not really true. But due to I've not really felt the brunt of a massive kamikaze force yet, only small raids of a few a/c which are mostly shotdown before they can attack so I can't tell for sure. I'm fixing to start deep carrier raids near the home islands & Mariannas where there's plenty to be had so things will change & I'll tell better.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> kamikaze losses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI