Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

pirate/coruption

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> pirate/coruption Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
pirate/coruption - 1/12/2011 7:16:12 PM   
wolf14455

Why treat pirates as nations ? Shouldnt it be better having pirats according to coruption lvl and Letter of Marque ? Where you give private citizen the "privateer letter" so he can attack the enemy´s merchant fleets and bases. And the coruption create more pirates because the areas lawlesness. So before u build an extra capital u get more lawless the furter u get from the capital. More historic than the current presentation IMHO.
Please give me ur opinion, dev and forumist.
Post #: 1
RE: pirate/coruption - 1/12/2011 7:22:28 PM   
Data

private citizen as corsair? i think we could exploit corruption with this
we also already have the option to deal with them and ask them to attack our enemies, i don't think they are treated as nations but they do appear in the diplomatic screen because it's easy do deal with them there.....otherwise i'm not sure they are treated as nations
what private citizen we would use for this? private ships are not warships here and i wouldn't like the ideea of having some cruisers that i don't cotrol creating problems in my name

i'm not saying i don't like the ideea, i think it's difficult to implement

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 2
RE: pirate/coruption - 1/12/2011 7:27:48 PM   
wolf14455

New ship desgn ofcource .The corsair got double weapon allowance maybee and successfull Corsairs can afford militairy ships to maybee. Or u and AI can design dofferent sizes.
This can also be the basic for an expansion where U play as a corsair or pirate and game play out everything else.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: pirate/coruption - 1/12/2011 7:32:11 PM   
Data

sounds even better now, i'm almost sold....i like having multiple choices to role play a game
when the game was first launched they also advertised on this but the only thing you could do was to lock on a ship and follow it around....this enriches that intention
if possible to implement then you've got my vote

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to wolf14455)
Post #: 4
RE: pirate/coruption - 1/12/2011 8:17:39 PM   
wolf14455

Cool, one vote. Any other? Dev ? ;O)

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> pirate/coruption Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI