Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

bairdlander? Tring to get some action report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> bairdlander? Tring to get some action report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 1/12/2011 3:20:32 AM   
Pelton

Hi,

I accepted your challage close to a week ago. Are you going to take your turn, you are the German so you would be moving first. I beleive they stared the war, heheh

Anyways if you not going to play let me know so I can try to find someone who is interested in playing.

Thanks

Peltonx

< Message edited by Pelton -- 1/12/2011 3:25:02 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 1/12/2011 4:11:54 AM   
CarnageINC

Soviet player must start the pbem game if you haven't done so already.

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 2
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 1/12/2011 4:53:04 AM   
cookie monster

From the manual.

3.3.7. PLAY BY E-MAIL (PBEM)
PBEM allows two human players to play Gary Grigsby’s War in the East by exchanging turn
files by e-mail in a manner that inhibits cheating. Selecting the PBEM button either here or in
the Load Saved Game screen toggles PBEM on or off. A check will appear in the PBEM box if
PBEM is enabled. The default setting for PBEM is disabled. To start a PBEM game, the second
player to move in the chosen scenario (e.g. the Soviet player in the 1941-45 Campaign or the
Axis player in the 1944-45 Campaign) enables PBEM, sets the agreed upon Game Options and
then selects the scenario.
The second player will then be prompted to create their password. Once a password has been
created, the second player will be taken to the PBEM Save Game screen, where they will create
a save game, which will be saved as a .psv file in the /data/save directory. The second player
will then be automatically taken back to the main menu. The second player will then e-mail the
save game file to the first player, who will transfer the file into their /data/save directory. They
will then enable PBEM, load the save and then will be prompted to create their own password.
The first player will then take their turn, saving whenever they want. Once the first player has
finished their turn and selected the end turn button (F12), the computer will conduct the next
Logistics phase and then prompt the first player to save the game so it can be e-mailed to the
second player to continue the PBEM cycle. Note that there are no auto saves during PBEM. In
addition, the Loss screen does not come up automatically when the end of turn save is loaded
by the next player. If the player views the Loss screen before doing anything else, however,
they will see the last turn’s losses, including their own attrition losses. At the conclusion of a
game, the player that sees the end game info can save the game and exit and the save created
becomes a PBEM save that the next player can load using his password in order to view the
same end game info.

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 3
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 1/12/2011 10:59:50 AM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

Hi,

I accepted your challage close to a week ago. Are you going to take your turn, you are the German so you would be moving first. I beleive they stared the war, heheh

Anyways if you not going to play let me know so I can try to find someone who is interested in playing.

Thanks

Peltonx

And you were impatiently waiting for the Axis player

"When the seagulls follow a trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea" -- Eric Cantona, XX century philosopher

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 4
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 1/12/2011 7:12:19 PM   
Pelton

Its on the server.

"You cannot play this game. It is currently not your turn."

The server even tells you when its your turn or not, ohhh aahhh heheh

Why would you do a PBEM when there is a server? PBEM is for poeple over 40 like me when their were no game servers. If you like to chat to poeple while playing there are ventrilo and team speak servers also.

Anyways thanks for all the help.

That the same cookie monster that plays Shadowbane?

Pelton

< Message edited by Pelton -- 1/12/2011 7:19:31 PM >

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 5
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 1/12/2011 7:26:14 PM   
cookie monster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

That the same cookie monster that plays Shadowbane?

Pelton

Nope. But I've been cookie monster for 10 years.

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 6
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 1/12/2011 7:34:15 PM   
CarnageINC

This is a prime example of why I don't like the server until some form of communication is est.  I know you can go the Slitherne site but what if your opponent doesn't go there?  PBEM until it fixed is the way to go for me 

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 7
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 1/12/2011 10:21:25 PM   
Mynok

One can still use email to communicate while using the server to trade turn files.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 8
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 2/3/2011 4:04:43 AM   
bairdlander

Sorry about that I dont know how to send the file?Where would the file be?

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 9
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 2/3/2011 4:16:00 AM   
Aurelian

War in the East/Dat/Save

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 10
RE: bairdlander? Tring to get some action report - 2/3/2011 7:32:14 AM   
2ndACR

Not on the server, all you do is go to multiplayer, register, find the game, hit play, do your turn and then hit end turn. it will take care of the rest.

If doing regular PBEM, the file will be at the above. Then email it to your opponent.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> bairdlander? Tring to get some action report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI