Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: FITE again T10

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: FITE again T10 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: FITE again T10 - 2/22/2011 4:36:28 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the front lines as of the start of turn 10. I'm going to post a bigger one in the AAR.

Attachment (1)

Sound track for my posts. Click here

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 31
RE: FITE again T10 - 2/22/2011 9:20:39 PM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the link to the Turn 10 AAR:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ba5shuhn89xzmfk/turn%2010.zip

Post #: 32
RE: FITE again T10 - 2/23/2011 8:22:11 AM   
1_Lzard

Nice AAR's, Larry! I especially like the adding of the movies, give a punch to it all!

Yeah, playing a lot of WW1 didn't hurt my learning about artty, eh?

A battlecruiser and RRguns?

"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"

Post #: 33
RE: FITE again T11 - 2/23/2011 11:49:48 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1_Lzard
Nice AAR's, Larry! I especially like the adding of the movies, give a punch to it all!

Thanks. I just found out how to add those WWII movies and I like 'em too.

quote:

Yeah, playing a lot of WW1 didn't hurt my learning about artty, eh?

I'm going to have to add some tidbits of trivia / info from the manual to my AAR's....both to share it with you guys and learn from the manual myself.

quote:

A battlecruiser and RRguns?

The Axis doesn't have a surplus of HEAVY arty like the Soviets. I've noticed that the 150mm howitzer's organic to the HQ units have a range of 1 and isn't really condusive to attacking that way. I can't see me moving my HQ unit adjacent to an enemy combat unit for any good reason because I don't want to lose any of my command group(s) or support squads. So they ( the organic 150mm guns ) are almost useless in this scenario. I've noticed that the Swedes and Finns have some 150mm guns that have a longer range and can be used to bombard like I had planned to use the Axis guns and now that the Swedes are in the game maybe I can put them to good use. I can't wait until it's the Soviet turn to go on the offensive.....they have arty coming out of their ears and a lot of it is the heavy duty stuff.

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 34
RE: FITE again T11 - 2/24/2011 5:37:45 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the link to the turn 11 AAR:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/terth784ct04fs1/turn%2011.zip

Um......so I signed up to be one of the betatesters on the version 3.5 TOAW so these AAR's might be coming out more slowly now.  Sorry about that.  That's the price we pay to have a more realistic, better version overall.  Kudos to Ralph for doing the job of three people on this bad boy.  I really appreciate his labors.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 3/7/2011 3:44:09 AM >

Post #: 35
RE: FITE again T11 - 2/24/2011 10:03:54 AM   
1_Lzard

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
Um......so I signed up to be one of the betatesters on the version 3.5 TOAW so these AAR's might be coming out more slowly now.  Sorry about that.  That's the price we pay to have a more realistic, better version overall.  Kudos to Ralph for doing the job of three people on this bad boy.  I really appreciate his labors.

Didn't even know there WAS a sign-up! Where did you discover this?

I'd like to opportunity my self!

"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"

Post #: 36
RE: FITE again T11 - 2/24/2011 4:26:14 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Didn't even know there WAS a sign-up! Where did you discover this?

I used to be a betatester on the original Matrix Games version of TOAW when MG first bought it. I talked to David Heath about maybe doing the job Ralph is doing now but he decided to go with Ralph instead which is a really great idea now seen in retrospect. Anyway, I dropped out of betatesting after about a year or so but my logon to the Development forum was never deleted so when I tried to get on the Development forum just out of curiosity here about a week ago I found to my amazement that it still worked. And I asked Ralph and Bob Cross (aka Curtis Lemay ) if I might pretty please betatest again and they welcomed me into the club. Bob says he's not sure who is in charge of the betatesters but I'm guessing that he is in fact, de facto, the head dude you'd need to talk to. Either him or Ralph. Or both. Anyway, give him an email and volunteer my friend. As a matter of fact, I understand that there is a need for more than one more so it couldn't hurt. It doesn't pay anything but you DO get a copy of the latest version that way. LOL.

quote:

I'd like to opportunity my self!

Good for you. Go for it.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 2/24/2011 4:29:27 PM >

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 37
RE: FITE again T11 - 2/25/2011 7:00:35 AM   
1_Lzard

Good Stuff, Larry!

I believe I just might do that in the morning, eh?

Post #: 38
RE: FITE again T11 - 2/26/2011 1:02:46 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the link for the turn 12 AAR:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0t4bl1f6f0vp66c/turn%2012.zip

Good luck Lizard dude.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 2/26/2011 8:24:22 AM >

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 39
RE: FITE again T13 - 3/1/2011 8:01:45 PM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the link for the turn 13 AAR:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/layaechkgmgvk74/turn%2013.zip

So what's the word Lizard dude?

Post #: 40
RE: FITE again T13 - 3/2/2011 5:17:42 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the link to the turn 14 AAR:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wxkvex2qug010wg/turn%2014.zip

Post #: 41
RE: FITE again T1 - 3/4/2011 6:50:38 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the link to the "start over" turn 1 AAR:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rm91e9fagkbfe82/turn%201.zip

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 3/7/2011 3:45:27 AM >

Post #: 42
RE: FITE again T1 - 3/5/2011 1:50:02 AM   
1_Lzard

You might well give the people the word that while your a beta-tester, the 'agreement' means that you can't give out the program(s), etc etc.........

You'll have NuB's crawling all over your azz doing things like this, LOL!

Post #: 43
RE: FITE again T1 - 3/5/2011 12:18:39 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

...doing things like this....

Nubs will be producing AAR's? What's wrong with that? I'm not giving away any "secrets" or anything like that. I'm trying to abide by the rules of the NDA and everything. So um...........????

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 44
RE: FITE again T1 - 3/6/2011 4:33:52 AM   
1_Lzard

In the past, the playtester's were normally a bit more secretive, eh? Keeps the NuB's from harrassing them, LOL!

Your problems, never mind!

Post #: 45
RE: FITE again T1 - 3/6/2011 10:24:43 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

In the past, the playtester's were normally a bit more secretive, eh? Keeps the NuB's from harrassing them, LOL!

Yeah but now-a-days we like people who are open and friendly. I don't mind answering questions and stuff. Keeps me on my toes and besides, I usually learn something from the people on this forum all the time........time for me to give back some.

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 46
RE: FITE again T2 - 3/7/2011 11:14:57 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's a link to the turn 2 AAR:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xyi2io96tv1pz4t/turn%202.zip

Post #: 47
RE: FITE again T2 - 3/10/2011 3:05:43 PM   
1_Lzard

Comments on your turn 2:

"Has anybody ever had a unit that couldn't participate in an attack because it had too few movement points left but put it on "L" status so that it could lend it's support to an attack anyway? I thought I'd try that and see what effect it has on the attack if any.
EDIT: It didn't seem to add anything to the attack according to the combat results screens, also the same should be said for those units that were in "T" status which leads me to believe that the "L" and "T" status don't mean anything for land combat units adjacent to an attacked hex."

I could be wrong, but I'd always thought that 'L' and 'T' status only related to what the units so tagged would do during the opponent part of the turn. Your attempt seems to prove this out, eh?

Are you using the toawlog as well? The new patch yields a better 'history' of a turn, but toawlog gives a more detailed version of it........

Post #: 48
RE: FITE again T11 - 5/24/2011 8:40:07 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

... the [German] 150mm howitzer's organic to the HQ units have a range of 1 and isn't really condusive to attacking that way.

The 150mm howitzer in the German Hq's is meant to represent the 150mm sFH18, but the database stats for the 150mm howitzer more resemble a 150mm Infantry Gun. The '150mm Gun' in the database is a closer match to the 150mm sFH18, and the Gun has a range of 2.

If anyone has done a mod of this scenario and is interested in swapping the Howitzer for the Gun, you could do it manually one unit at a time. Or you could use the F4/F5 function. To do this, open the scenario in the editor, go to 'Edit' - 'Deployment', then 'Edit' - 'Forces', then hit F4 and Dump the OOB Text as a text file. Open that text file and use the 'Find and Replace With' function to replace all the '150mm Howitzer' slots with the '150mm Gun' equipment. Save the file, go back to the Editor and open the scenario, go to 'Edit' - 'Deployment', then 'Edit' - 'Forces', then hit F5 and 'Read' your new saved OOB Text file into the scenario.

Note : doing something like this unit by unit will avoid any possible adverse side effects, and sometimes 'Find and Replace' isn't much faster anyway.

Post #: 49
RE: FITE again T2 - 5/24/2011 8:50:02 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

"Has anybody ever had a unit that couldn't participate in an attack because it had too few movement points left but put it on "L" status so that it could lend it's support to an attack anyway? I thought I'd try that and see what effect it has on the attack if any.
EDIT: It didn't seem to add anything to the attack according to the combat results screens, also the same should be said for those units that were in "T" status which leads me to believe that the "L" and "T" status don't mean anything for land combat units adjacent to an attacked hex."

I don't know about 'Local' status, but units in 'Tactical' status will lend support, but only if they pass a check and then only at a percentage of their strength. I routinely put Artillery and Ground units in 'T' status after moving them and a percentage of the time they will cooperate. They will use up supply and readiness, so if left on 'T' for an extended period they might support many attacks and run themselves down (especially artillery units that might support all combats within range). Also, beware that ground units left on 'T' at the end of their turn may, during the opponents turn, move around as a reaction to enemy combats.

(in reply to 1_Lzard)
Post #: 50
RE: FITE again T2 - 5/24/2011 8:58:34 AM   
sPzAbt653

I had tested the 'T' and 'L' features extensively for Autumn Fog, and the results can be seen here (posts 4 thru 6) :

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2315141

Although I said in the previous post that I wasn't sure about Local status, the old tests from the above thread show that units in 'L' do have a chance to cooperate.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 51
RE: FITE again T2 - 5/24/2011 7:15:38 PM   
Olorin

Larry,
sorry to hijack your AAR with an off-topic question. I recently acquired WitE and am in the process of learning it. I see you have posted AAR in that forum too. How do you like WitE in comparison to TOAW, especially the eastern front scenarios (fitE and its variants, Drang nach Osten etc)? My impression from reading the WitE forum is that the game is problematic after 1942.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 52
RE: FITE again T2 - 1/26/2012 2:50:52 AM   
docgaun

As one of the creators of Fite, i am sooo thankfull for alle the imput i can get.
So please keep it comming

(in reply to Olorin)
Post #: 53
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: FITE again T10 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI