Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Surrender vrs shatter

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Surrender vrs shatter Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surrender vrs shatter - 1/10/2011 11:33:34 PM   
Ketza

What is the advantage to having a unit surrender in a pocket vrs having it shatter when you kill it from an attack?
Post #: 1
RE: Surrender vrs shatter - 1/10/2011 11:37:12 PM   
2ndACR

Surrender is always better. The loser can loss basically all it's troops and equipment. Shatter they can save a bunch that are returned to the pools. If I remember what I read correctly.

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 2
RE: Surrender vrs shatter - 1/11/2011 8:35:02 AM   
jomni

Manual says this.  But there's only a slight difference. Only in the part where undamaged units gets captured is higher when surrendering.

quote:

15.9.2. EFFECTS OF SHATTERING
When a unit shatters, it is considered destroyed and removed from the map. Ground elements in the unit are affected as follows:

»
»Damaged ground elements are captured
»
»Undamaged ground elements may be captured depending on their experience, the distance from their unit to an in supply friendly unit, and whether their unit is completely surrounded by enemy controlled hexes (If Rnd(60 + range in Hexes to an in supply friendly unit) > experience of ground element + Rnd(200*), the ground element is captured. *this value is 100 if the unit is completely surrounded by enemy controlled hexes).
»
»If a ground element is not captured, and it is a Soviet infantry or cavalry squad, then there is a chance the unit will become a partisan squad in a newly created partisan unit.
»
»If the ground element is not captured and does not become a partisan squad, then the ground element’s AFV/Combat vehicles, devices and manpower are returned to the appropriate production pools.
15.9.3. EFFECTS OF SURRENDER

When a unit surrenders (whether due to combat or in the logistics phase due to isolation) it is considered destroyed and removed from the map. Ground elements in the unit are affected as follows:
Damaged ground elements are captured.- Undamaged ground elements may be captured depending on their experience and the distance from their unit to an in supply friendly unit (If Rnd(120+range in Hexes to an in supply friendly unit) > experience of ground element, the ground element is captured).
If a ground element is not captured, and it is a Soviet infantry or cavalry squad, then there is a chance the unit will become a partisan squad in a newly created partisan unit.
If the ground element is not captured and does not become a partisan squad, then the ground element’s AFV/Combat vehicles, devices and manpower are returned to the appropriate production pools

< Message edited by jomni -- 1/11/2011 8:45:44 AM >

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Surrender vrs shatter Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI