Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

regimental colours for unit properties dialog box

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> regimental colours for unit properties dialog box Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
regimental colours for unit properties dialog box - 1/10/2011 1:47:16 PM   
Javolenus

Hi There,

I thought it might be a nice idea to use National flags and regimental colours to create a themed graphics overhaul for H&M. In particular, I thought it might be nice to use regimental colours for the pictures that go in the unit properties dialog box.

But does anyone know of a website that would show all the necessary regimental colours?

Well, I guess it's not really important, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Post #: 1
RE: regimental colours for unit properties dialog box - 1/10/2011 2:19:46 PM   
Matto

I think there is a problem, that there is only one picture for type of unit ... so you cannot create separate pictures for all regiments ...
But sure, nice idea ...

Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... :o)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, HnM I., CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW

(in reply to Javolenus)
Post #: 2
RE: regimental colours for unit properties dialog box - 1/10/2011 3:40:32 PM   
Javolenus

Hi Matto,
Thanks for this. OK, I see what you mean. That's a shame. When I looked at the 'edit unit' screen in the game's editor, it seemed to me that each unit could be given its own associated TGA file for unit properties.
Well, I made a unique 'unit properties' TGA file for a particular unit and linked the unit to the TGA file (in the 'edit unit screen/graphic setup' screen). But when I went ingame and selected the unit to look at its properties it was just an ugly mess: instead of my nice new 'unit properties' dialog box, there was both mine and the original together and with text running across them both. Just a big mess. And so I deleted my custom file and returned to normal, 'vanilla', default file.
Although the artwork in the game is fine (someone did a good job, I think) I would pefer something less 'cartoony' and with more contemporary 18th-century style. I thought I could modify this myself but I'm having problems. Also, it is very time consuming, so maybe I won't pursue this.

(in reply to Matto)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> regimental colours for unit properties dialog box Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI