Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do I Make a Permanent Line of Supply?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> How do I Make a Permanent Line of Supply? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I Make a Permanent Line of Supply? - 1/8/2011 10:45:16 PM   
Tampa_Gamer

I basically want to establish a few supply lines of replacement ships moving to the front, but I don't want them necessarily added to a fleet. In a typical RTS you can sometimes tell factories to direct units to a specific point/flag. I basically want to tell a spaceport to give all ships an initial movement command to XX system. Is there a way to do this?

I am experimenting wihth a work-around for now, I established a replenishment fleet near the front and have told spaceports to put newly created ships into that fleet. But since I have turned off fleet AI, I still have to move them manually, so it does seem to accomplish what I really want.
Post #: 1
RE: How do I Make a Permanent Line of Supply? - 1/8/2011 11:02:24 PM   
Data

good ideea and good workaround but setting a rally point like in AOE for example (and many other examples) would be great indeed
not clear from your post if you also set the home colony for this fleet, i found this to be more forcefull in moving ships to a desired location in any circumstance not just after they are created

< Message edited by Data -- 1/8/2011 11:05:05 PM >

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Tampa_Gamer)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I Make a Permanent Line of Supply? - 1/9/2011 12:19:58 AM   
gmot

I would love to have rally point functionality. This is one of the few major gaps I see right now in DW. Rally points make planning invasions (or sector defenses) much more streamlined in 4x games.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> How do I Make a Permanent Line of Supply? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI