WW1 GOLD Serial Number

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
EdWK

WW1 GOLD Serial Number

Post by EdWK »

I received WW1Gold and Across the Dnepr for Xmas. A few days ago I loaded WW1G after turning off my firewall. It downloaded successfully (I think) and I get the initaial screen (WW1 movie) and the next screen saying "Single Plyr", "MP", Credits and Quit. I then realized I hadn't registered or put in my serial number. So I did both.

Now I get a popup saying serial number invalid !!!!!

There are 3 sets of numbers on my dvd. A serial number above my name. Then a ID # and another # and the date of purchase. I am assuming the serial number above my name is the one to use but I have tried all 3 and I still get "serial number invalid."

I've tried support at Matrix and have gotten no response.

Can anyone assist ?
Terminus

RE: WW1 GOLD Serial Number

Post by Terminus »

Send an email directly to Erik Rutins.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
EdWK

Post by EdWK »

How do I find post 23008?

Who is Erik Rutins and how do I contact him?

I just heard from AGEOD and they say there is no such thing as a WW1G dvd !!!! Then what is this dvd from Matrix I'm holding in my hand ???

This is strating to sound like the diplomatic confusion leading to WW1 !
EdWK

Post by EdWK »

The latest is AGEOD tells me to reload the game but not to the Windows 7 C drive. Is this correct. I do have a D drive and each has a Program Files and a Program Files (x86). THe game was loaded into C drive PF(x86).

Btw, I'm not on the AGEOD forum.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

The 23008 is his signature line and refers to War in the Pacific forum. Nothing to do with Erik or your problem.

The serial number on the CD should be correct but things do happen.

Try posting here

tt.asp?forumid=631
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

ORIGINAL: EdWK

The latest is AGEOD tells me to reload the game but not to the Windows 7 C drive. Is this correct. I do have a D drive and each has a Program Files and a Program Files (x86). THe game was loaded into C drive PF(x86).

Btw, I'm not on the AGEOD forum.

Sounds a bit confusing.

Considering you own a PC with a single hard disk - which might be splitted into drive c: and drive d: - do not install WW1 on your Windows partition (should be c:). Reason is that, without going into details, Win 7 uses different security settings and games which are still designed for Win XP sometimes cause trouble. If you're tech-savvy turn UAC off, if not, try the following.

- execute setup.exe in admin mode (right click --> compatibility --> start program as admin)
- install on D:\Matrix Games\WW1
- start the according game.exe in admin mode

That should fix it.
EdWK

Post by EdWK »

Thanks Luetzow but still nothing.

I reloaded WW1G under D: as you recommended. I thought it would work as this time it took my serial number and the game came up.

When it took me to the screen to select Single Player, Multiplayer, Credits and Quit I selected SP, the bar lighted. I clicked on it and nothing happened.

Ed
EdWK

Post by EdWK »

Where do I find stepup.exe ?

I've checked the folders WW1G Temp and WW1G and do not see a setup.exe. What folder is it in?

I tried launching from the icon in the WW1G folder and on the desktop. I am stopped at the screen for Single Player, MP, Creits, Quit. Those bars light up but I do not get a "click" sound when I select any of them.
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

I didn't purchase an AGEOD title from Matrix yet, but both companies use a different installer. For Matrix games you always have to enter the serial at the start of installation process. If you encounter trouble here, do as I said: install on drive d:\, utilize admin mode for setup.exe (this is the installation file which ends with the suffix .exe) and sometimes you also have to run the game with the according file from it's subdirectory in admin mode.

However, AGEOD games are mostly available as demos and can be subsequently upgraded by serial. As far as I remember, WW1 Gold even offered a full-fledged 14 days free trial before one had to register it. Anyway, if you absolutely can't make it work, or suspect your serial is invalid, but desperately want to play it now: uninstall the game, delete registry-entries and do a fresh install of the demo. This should give you some free playtime. Meanwhile send an e-mail (not pm) to Erik Rutins. He is usually fast with solving issues.
EdWK

Post by EdWK »

Still waiting for a response from Erik Rutins..........................
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”