Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Screen resolution of this version?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Screen resolution of this version? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Screen resolution of this version? - 1/1/2011 1:13:44 PM   
pvthudson01

I noticed the Matrix games version only comes with the free version of SP, but on the Shrapnel Games site

https://www.gamersfront.com/store/winspww2.html?category_id=9

That says that only the paid version of WINSPWW will let you go above 800x600 resolution

So what is what with these?

Will I get a higher screen res with this version on Matrix Games or do I go and get the one from Shrapnel. I refuse to play at 800x600

EDIT fixed link

< Message edited by pvthudson01 -- 1/2/2011 2:03:31 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Screen resolution of this version? - 1/1/2011 6:24:20 PM   
gabeeg

The Matrix version is based on Steel Panthers III where the Camo Workshop version at Shrapnel is based on the Steel Panthers II code base. Two separate projects that are developed separately. I believe that the Matrix version is limited to 800x600...unless someone has come up with a way around this that I am not aware of. The Shrapnel version (WinSPWW2) can go to higher resolutions if you purchase the CD version. The shrapnel version is also about to get an update to support wide screen formats.

(in reply to pvthudson01)
Post #: 2
RE: Screen resolution of this version? - 1/1/2011 7:21:50 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: pvthudson01

I noticed the Matrix games version only comes with the free version of SP, but on the Shrapnel Games site

http://enhanced.freeforums.org/the-sp-civil-war-mod-introductory-briefing-t910.html

That says that only the paid version of WINSPWW will let you go above 800x600 resolution

So what is what with these?

Will I get a higher screen res with this version on Matrix Games or do I go and get the one from Shrapnel. I refuse to play at 800x600

That Link you have there is not the shrapnel games site BTW

Post #: 3
RE: Screen resolution of this version? - 1/2/2011 1:03:48 AM   
JEB Davis

Don't refuse to play it because of the resolution, SP:WaW is the superior combat simulation of all the SP variants. There are some excellent mods for it too... Enhanced FR & FR-NL, SPCW, North Afrika, with more being developed, including Viet Nam. Click the banner in Alby's signature.

Reduce unrealistic SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage" (v8.403 or Enhanced):
Settings: 90S,80H,100RR,XXXTQ,110TT,150IT,180AvS,130AvA,150SOF / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Visit the Enhanced forum at http://enhanced.freeforums.org

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 4
RE: Screen resolution of this version? - 1/2/2011 2:04:53 AM   
pvthudson01

Oops my bad fixed that link.

Oh I know I play the free version I just wasnt sure what all the types were. I may just get both ha ha. I do want the higher rez though

So all the mods will NOT work between the two versions right? Some mods work in WAW and other mods in WINSPWW2

< Message edited by pvthudson01 -- 1/2/2011 2:05:27 AM >

(in reply to JEB Davis)
Post #: 5
RE: Screen resolution of this version? - 1/2/2011 4:15:46 AM   
gabeeg

Yep, separate animals...mods unfortunately incompatible. I play(ed) both for awhile now and finally just stuck with WinSPWW2 from Shrapnel. Nothing against WAW, it is a great game and if I had the spare room on my HD to just keep stuff around I would have kept the Enhanced modded version (you need the enhanced mod if you play WAW imho)...but in the end the High res and...unlike Jeb above...I liked the combat system in WinSPWW2 a little bit better (just more proof it is all a matter of taste between the two great games).

Post #: 6
RE: Screen resolution of this version? - 1/2/2011 2:32:15 PM   
pvthudson01

Yeah I went with winSPWW but both are awesome in my mind. I am just getting back into the game after 5 years away. So I have a lot of catching up

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Screen resolution of this version? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI