Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rail Cap Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Rail Cap Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rail Cap Question - 12/28/2010 10:51:36 PM   
JimKehn

I am reading in the manual in the supply section describing rail and in the replacement section to see if during the supply segments and replacement segments of the logistics phases, Rail Cap is used. For example if I rail a buttload of combat units during my turn 1 will I have few rail cap points to rail supplies and replacements in my turn 2 logisitics? I am not sure how it all works but it seems like when I use too much rail to rail units my on map units dont receive the supplies and replacements they do when my rail load was light the previous turn.
Post #: 1
RE: Rail Cap Question - 12/28/2010 11:20:12 PM   
Helpless

There was plans to include rail capacities into the supply movement, but it didn't get into the final version. So generated rail capacities are used only during the movement phase.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to JimKehn)
Post #: 2
RE: Rail Cap Question - 12/29/2010 12:00:04 AM   
JimKehn

OK thanks Helpless

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: Rail Cap Question - 3/11/2012 4:31:45 PM   
fbs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helpless

There was plans to include rail capacities into the supply movement, but it didn't get into the final version. So generated rail capacities are used only during the movement phase.

Is this still true? That is, rail capacity is not used for movement of supplies, fuel, oil, resources and replacements?

So the only thing rail capacity is used for is movement of units and evacuation of factories?

Also, does unused rail capacity accumulate into next turn?

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 4
RE: Rail Cap Question - 3/11/2012 4:37:27 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbs

quote:

Is this still true? That is, rail capacity is not used for movement of supplies, fuel, oil, resources and replacements?

Im not Pavel, but yes u are correct.

quote:

So the only thing rail capacity is used for is movement of units and evacuation of factories?

Yes, per above.

quote:

Being 99.9% sure from observing the game. No, u get what u get, reduced by what ever is used from units starting the turn in RR mode.
Any unused RR capacity are lost.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 3/11/2012 4:44:37 PM >

(in reply to fbs)
Post #: 5
RE: Rail Cap Question - 3/11/2012 5:40:56 PM   
janh

quote:

ORIGINAL: fbs
quote:

Presumably the "average movement needs" for supply, fuel, replacements, etc. were taken into account when determining the (remaining) rail capacity for player usage. They won't travel for free, but you won't be bothered with micromanaging the details either. On average that seems fine.

It would have been cherries on the cake if this RR cap included supplies and had been connected to the first winter: They could have modeled the 1st winter surprise rules by just giving the Russians lesser surprise benefits, such as movement and supply penalties on the Soviets that mimic the Germans surprise in the initial GC turn, combined with a cut of the Rail Cap modeling a temporary use for forwarding the winter equipment. Thus, lack of supplies and replacements that would be forwarded to a lesser degree and elevated losses of men and material due to the severe weather would cause a steady degradation of the German CV, but not such a sharp, dramatic drop by halving the CV immediately.

And no, unused rail capacity does not accumulate, a train idle one week can work for two the next. At least none that I had noticed, and not the full RR cap. But units that are not unloaded from their trains will keep costing RR cap, even if all that you do with them the next week is to unload them. There is no return of even a fraction of the RR allocation to simulate that for the rest of the week, these trains could be free for other duties.

< Message edited by janh -- 3/11/2012 5:42:22 PM >

(in reply to fbs)
Post #: 6
RE: Rail Cap Question - 3/11/2012 9:21:06 PM   
fbs

Thanks both.

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Rail Cap Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI