Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game extremly unstable

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Game extremly unstable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game extremly unstable - 12/27/2010 2:07:02 PM   
armin

First thnx for very nice game. HAve enjoyed it realy much.

However after last two patches game becomed extremly unstable. This error did never occur before:

AppName: war in the pacific admiral edition.exe AppVer: 1.0.4.1106 ModName: quartz.dll
ModVer: 6.5.2600.5933 Offset: 00002b7e

I always get CTD or deathscreen.

I tried to run in fullscreen (bluescreen) or in windowed mode (ctd). I tried to reinstall directx and and also the quartz.dll alone. Then i tried to reinstall my codecs. None of it worked so the file is not corrupted.

Thnx for help.

Post #: 1
RE: Game extremly unstable - 12/27/2010 5:59:56 PM   
vonTirpitz

Most quartz.dll errors I've seen are a result of misconfigured third party video codecs. Try using the -skipVideo command line switch when launching AE. Hopefully it will help get you into the game at least.

quote:

ORIGINAL: armin

First thnx for very nice game. HAve enjoyed it realy much.

However after last two patches game becomed extremly unstable. This error did never occur before:

AppName: war in the pacific admiral edition.exe AppVer: 1.0.4.1106 ModName: quartz.dll
ModVer: 6.5.2600.5933 Offset: 00002b7e

I always get CTD or deathscreen.

I tried to run in fullscreen (bluescreen) or in windowed mode (ctd). I tried to reinstall directx and and also the quartz.dll alone. Then i tried to reinstall my codecs. None of it worked so the file is not corrupted.

Thnx for help.

(in reply to armin)
Post #: 2
RE: Game extremly unstable - 12/27/2010 11:29:58 PM   
armin

This is not very likely since i reinstalled codec package. The directx and the file too. However, i noticed most of the crashes happened while i was alt-tabing to tracker so then i switched to windowed mode where this situation happened again when i switched between programs.

This happnes when game starts and im trying to setup japanese economy in first scenario.

It seems recent patches the G and I have made some alterations in the process since before i updated to G i never had this issues before.

< Message edited by armin -- 12/27/2010 11:31:16 PM >

(in reply to vonTirpitz)
Post #: 3
RE: Game extremly unstable - 12/28/2010 12:42:33 AM   
michaelm

Have you tried un-installing AE and re-installing it.?

Michael

(in reply to armin)
Post #: 4
RE: Game extremly unstable - 12/28/2010 2:40:47 AM   
witpqs

One thing I did a long time ago was to rename the "VIDEO" folder to "noVIDEO" and the "SOUND" folder to "noSOUND". I don't care about the intro videos or the game sounds, and doing that eliminated any potential problems there for me.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Game extremly unstable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI