Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaigns?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Campaigns? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaigns? - 12/26/2010 3:57:06 AM   
blazej

Hi,

Where can I find detailed information about the mega-campaigns? E.g. what theater, what years, how many maps / battles etc. I did a Google search, but I can't find any details.

Best,
Michał
Post #: 1
RE: Campaigns? - 12/26/2010 1:43:02 PM   
Alby

1. Lost Victories -opening phase of Barbarossa, Eastern Front in the Ukraine from the hot, dry and dusty days of high summer through the clinging mud and rains of autumn to the freezing cold of the deep winter.
2. Desert Fox - This Mega Campaign traces the steps of Rommel's famed Afrika Korps in its desert odyssey throughout 1941 in North Africa.
3. Screaming Eagles - In this Mega Campaign you will initially have four choices or four threads of action from which to choose. These four threads follow the four combat Regiments of the 101st Airborne Division and their involvement in World War Two.
4. Watchtower - As the CO of a reinforced Marine rifle company in the 1st Marine Division, you are headed for the island of Guadalcanal, part of the Solomon Islands in the South Pacific. You are part of the first major offensive of the United States against the Axis powers.

(in reply to blazej)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaigns? - 12/26/2010 5:33:46 PM   
blazej

Hi,

Thank you!

So, Lost Victories does not go all the way until Berlin?

I have another general question, if you don't mind.

WaW:GE being a game that doesn't seem to be maintained anymore, I'm wondering how stable this game is, how many problems should I be expecting.

For example, does it work well on modern computers? (for instance, Windows 7, 64-bit)

Or, are there any known technical bugs (crashes, problems with fonts, scrolling etc.)?

Or, are there a lot of game design issues (e.g. mortars that are too powerful or too weak; buildings that are too easy / too difficult to damage; bugs in penetration tables for tanks; and so on).

Best,
Michał

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaigns? - 12/27/2010 12:32:56 AM   
Alby

No lost victories is played as Germans during invasion of russia.

Some gamers have a few quirks using windows 7 or vista, go here for a list of most technical problems and fixes
http://enhanced.freeforums.org/spwaw-technical-problems-f31.html

< Message edited by Alby -- 12/27/2010 12:33:18 AM >

(in reply to blazej)
Post #: 4
RE: Campaigns? - 12/27/2010 12:47:11 PM   
JEB Davis

Perhaps you should just download the free game v8.20, then patch it to v8.4, then to v8.403 and then give the game a try before investing in the mega campaigns. The game itself is identical and the free one is not a "teaser", but the full game. It just won't have the megas.

Reduce unrealistic SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage" (v8.403 or Enhanced):
Settings: 90S,80H,100RR,XXXTQ,110TT,150IT,180AvS,130AvA,150SOF / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Visit the Enhanced forum at http://enhanced.freeforums.org

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
RE: Campaigns? - 12/27/2010 3:57:38 PM   
planner 3

blazej: Sound advice from two good sources Alby and JEB....

"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "

(in reply to JEB Davis)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Campaigns? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI