Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released - 2/9/2011 9:30:27 AM   
Seydlitz69

Is this intended to b played as the Allies? Or could it be played as German?

< Message edited by Seydlitz69 -- 2/9/2011 9:33:36 AM >

"He who has not fought the Germans does not know war". - British Military Aphorism

(in reply to Huib)
Post #: 31
RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released - 2/9/2011 11:36:55 AM   
Huib

quote:

ORIGINAL: Seydlitz69

Is this intended to b played as the Allies? Or could it be played as German?

No preference. It can be played from both sides.

(in reply to Seydlitz69)
Post #: 32
RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released - 2/10/2011 12:32:42 PM   
phoenix

Absolutely, Huib. Third time I played I managed a marginal victory, but made the mistake of assuming the fight was always going to be around Huijbergen, so set up my attacks to cover that. Wrong. The computer went for Hoogerheide. However, in the scrap that ensued around there a handful of my units got shunted north of Hoogerheide, around day 10. I grouped them into an ad hoc task force, reinforced them and sent them off to probe the big VP locations at Woensdrecht and the causeway, just in case the Axis had left them empty. They had! I managed to hold both through to the end, though never took either Hoogerheide or Huijbergen completely, but scraped a marginal victory that way. Good stuff.

(in reply to Huib)
Post #: 33
RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released - 2/24/2011 6:09:54 PM   
gabeeg

Huib,

I am only on Day four of this scenario...but just got to tell you, this is my favorite scenario as of now. I only played 8 scenarios so far in BftB..but hey it is still a compliment :)

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 34
RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released - 5/21/2011 5:06:09 PM   
Wiggum

Where can idownload the latest version of this ?

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 35
RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released - 6/10/2012 10:50:08 AM   
BofH

I had a go at this as the Germans and Huib, I loved this scenario. One of the most enjoyable scenarios I have played so far. Playing with realistic orders delay I had a decisive victory - only the second time that's happened for me.

I had to give up Ossendrecht early on but managed to re-take it by day 9.

Managed to hang on to everything else, except when I bungled a defend order thus losing Woensdrecht which fell to a surprise attack on the morning of the 11th day, after changing hands twice before.

All up very satisfying because it wasn't only defend as the germans, I had to do plenty of counterattacking and had a few scrambles to react to changing attack axis. At times I felt like I was playing 3 scenarios at once, because of such different situations happening in different locations. A large part of the enjoyment (apart from actually winning for a change) was having plenty of map to manoeuvre on, and the length of time - 11 days - giving both sides time to rest and formulate new plans.

Thanks so much for your efforts with this, and I hope we see more from you. cheers

(in reply to Wiggum)
Post #: 36
RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released - 6/10/2012 12:51:02 PM   
phoenix

Huib. Do you know if I can play this scenario - one of my favourites - with the HTTR release? What would happen to all the changes made making mortar teams part of the company etc?

(in reply to BofH)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: The Woensdrecht Isthmus scenario released Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI