Diverse Worlds v19 - Shandar

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

WoodMan

Diverse Worlds v19 - Shandar

Post by WoodMan »

Diverse Worlds v19

Diverse Worlds version 19 has arrived. The mod now replaces over 400 ships and bases. This version adds the Shandar and also contains the Naxxilian, Ackdarian, Ketarov, Ugnari, Sluken, Kiadian, Boskara, Wekkarus, Securan, Ikkuro, Gizurean, Quameno, Haakonish, Mortalen, Teekan, Human, Dhayut and Zenox shipsets.

From version 8 onwards the mod is simply name Diverse Worlds without a version number on the end. Hopefully this should increase compatibility with current saves, but I'm unsure. Please give me feedback on this issue.

Installation

Return of the Shakturi expansion pack is required

Assuming you are not using any other mods just copy the contents of the zip file to your Matrix Games/Distant Worlds/Customization folder and then start up the game and choose the theme named Diverse Worlds.

The correct file structure should be Matrix Games/Distant Worlds/Customization/Diverse Worlds/images, about.txt. about.png, races.txt

Incorrect file structure would be Matrix Games/Distant Worlds/Customization/Diverse Worlds vnumber/Diverse Worlds

I point out the above because winzip can unzip things the wrong way be default, its best just to open the zip file and copy its contents out, rather than press extract all.

If you are using other mods you can still use these ships, you will just need to set up the race file and images correctly for your other theme, I won't go into detail, but if you need help you can always give me a PM or post here.

Preview

Shandar

Naxxilian

Ackdarian

Ketarov

Ugnari

Sluken

Kiadian

Boskara

Wekkarus

Securan

Ikkuro

Gizurean

Quameno

Haakonish

Mortalen

Teekan

Human

Dhayut

Zenox

Please find attatched the zip file (I hope) and check back sometime soon as I'm working on more ships [;)]

Diverse Worlds v19
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
Igard

RE: Have no Fear, new Zenox Fleet is Here

Post by Igard »

This looks like an absolute 'must have' shipset. Great stuff, WoodMan. [&o]
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Great work Woodman, I'll definitely be picking it up.
Krob

Post by Krob »

Much better than the defaults! Hope there's a capital ship in there somewhere too. :)

K
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

That is a fine piece of work! [8D] I particularly like the warships and the frieghters.

I feel absolutely worthless on these forums. I just convert drawings...

Okay at the risk of being laughed off the forums, I have to put something out there over the weekend.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
alexalexuk

Post by alexalexuk »

WANT!
Shark7

Post by Shark7 »

Very nice. [:)]
Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Tacit_Exit

Post by Tacit_Exit »

Very nice Wood, the Med. and Large Spaceports for the original Zenox are kinda hideous.

Just checked the ship images folder for Zenox and noticed some are .png and some are bitmaps; is this normal? All the other 'sets' are entirely .png [&:]
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Very nice.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Thanks for the kind words guys, I've updated the first post and fingers crossed you should now be able to use the ships for the Zenox. If you find any problems and the ships don't show up or something, let me know [:)]
"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Very well done for a Narn! [:D]

Keep up the fantastic work Woodman! [&o]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Just checked the ship images folder for Zenox and noticed some are .png and some are bitmaps; is this normal? All the other 'sets' are entirely .png

Yup, thats really weird, I'm pretty sure the mod guide said use .png so I don't know why the Zenox/Ketarov set has some bitmaps in it. Black backgrounds on their images too [&:]

The Dhayut queen looked up into the night sky, her many eyes marvelled with envy at the shimmering new Zenox ships. "My minionssss", she hissed, "Build usssss a fleet to rival the catssss".

The new project:

Attachments
DhayutShips.jpg
DhayutShips.jpg (57.12 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
Haree78

Post by Haree78 »

Looking gorgeous, a ship set per race would be amazing. You are doing us all a favour by keeping it up, thanks Woodman.
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

The Dhayut are coming home for Christmas, I'll put them up for DL before lunch tomorrow [:)]... um today actually, its that late??? [X(]

Attachments
DhayutLargeShips.jpg
DhayutLargeShips.jpg (56.03 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
tofudog

Post by tofudog »

I get to be a fanboi on my old days, cant you guys mod something ugly or stupid so I dont have to be so damned positive about you?

Merry christmas[:)]!
WANT... MORE... MODDABILITY...
WoodMan

Post by WoodMan »

Happy Christmas all!  I managed to get the Dhayut finished, phew, just in time, only an hour or so to go and then its 'family time' for a few days [:D]

The new Dhayut shipset was completely converted from only three original DW ships [X(]

You may have to play them a while before you get used to identifying the ships immediately [:D]

Edit: If you are one of the players who likes to upgrade your small spaceports into medium or large, then you may want to replace the small spaceport image in the Dhayut set with the large spaceport as it is quite a small image. This is something we need changed, when a ship retrofits it takes on the graphic set for that design, but spaceports don't, they should too!
Igard

Post by Igard »

Yeah, I've noticed that problem before with retrofitting spaceports. I don't do it that often though.

Great job with this, the colours and style really suit the Dhayut.
WoodMan

RE: Diverse Worlds v2 - Dhayut

Post by WoodMan »

Hey all! Hope your enjoying your Christmas.

Managed to steal half an hour away while the Turkey cooks, yum!

A new set is in the works, but who does this monstrosity of a Cruiser belong to? I'll give you a clue: They like to lord it over the galaxy with an iron fist and a velvet glove, but don't say anything bad about them, they have spies everywhere!

Attachments
cruiser.jpg
cruiser.jpg (41.89 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
Tacit_Exit

Post by Tacit_Exit »

Its gotta be an Atuuk ship then [:'(]

ps. Dhayut are my fave race cheers for the awsome facelift.
Igard

Post by Igard »

Hi WoodMan, merry christmas to you. Just finished opening our presents, now there's nothing to do but play DW until the rest of the family arrives for turkey. [:'(]

I'm going to guess, is it a human ship?

Return to “Design and Modding”