Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Amphib vs Landing Craft TFs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Amphib vs Landing Craft TFs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Amphib vs Landing Craft TFs - 12/20/2010 7:39:12 PM   
hbrsvl

Hi-What is the difference between these 2 types of TFs? My understanding is that landing craft(LC) TFs unload ALL their cargo in the first turn of landings.

If this is so, does that mean AKs,APs, etc. off load all passengers/cargo in one turn? Or is that only AKAs and APAs?

Someone please clarify.

Thanks, Hugh Browne
Post #: 1
RE: Amphib vs Landing Craft TFs - 12/20/2010 7:58:37 PM   
Alfred

AK, AP, AKA, APA cannot be formed into a landing craft task force. See chart on pages 280-284 of the manual.

Alfred

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 2
RE: Amphib vs Landing Craft TFs - 12/20/2010 10:02:07 PM   
hbrsvl

Alfred-Many thanks.HB

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: Amphib vs Landing Craft TFs - 12/21/2010 12:29:56 PM   
John Lansford

You're limited as to what kinds of ships can go into a Landing Craft TF.  I almost never use that type of TF for that reason, and putting LC's into an Amphibious TF doesn't affect their unloading abilities at all.

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 4
RE: Amphib vs Landing Craft TFs - 12/21/2010 7:34:39 PM   
crsutton

Yes but are there any differences in how these two types of TF operate? I have noticed that if you form an all landing craft amphibious TF and use it for to load supply only, the next turn it will automatically revert to a landing craft TF. That is the computer will not allow it to remain as an amphibious TF.

I would think that a barge TF would unload at a slghtly slower pace but have less over the beach breakage vs an amphibious-but don't really know.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to John Lansford)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Amphib vs Landing Craft TFs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI